KV 4 or KLF C7 for KG 5.5's?

talmadge

When it comes to center channel speakers, only the KV-4 has the K-64-KN compression (tweeter) driver that is also in the CF-1, CF-2 and CF-3.

The KV-4 is the match for those 3 models of CF mains. It will do the best job of the CF-4 also...

As FrznVT said, the Kg2.2 and 2.5 are the centers for the Kg floor speakers.

I THINK the KV-1, KV2 and KV-3 would be good with the smaller Kg floor speakers but not as good as the 2.2 or 2.5.

One very cool note:

the tweeter drivers are swappable between the KLF C7 and the KV-4 (1" screw on...)

I had a KV3 and a KG 2.2v set up side by side in a variety of blind listening tests and couldn't hear the difference between the two. I'm pretty certain the KV 3 and KV 2 are timbre matched for any of the KG series speakers. Speaking from experience, my KV3 works very well with the KG 5.5 and is inexpensive to find. Try it and you will like it.

T-man,

I did not call Klipsch (yet).

I have been swamped with work.

My KV 3 was seamless with my KG 5.2s. It sounded phenominal.

My KV 4 was a bit too sharp on the mids. (But equalizers can do nice things!)

My KV 4 blends really nice with the Heresies (eq'd of course).

As I have said; I read through many posts here on the forum when I was looking for a "correct" center 1 year ago......

When I got my KV3; it came with KG 2.5s (2) and KG 1.5s (2).

They were bought as a timbre matched set from a Klipsch dealer (original owner sold them all to me).

I had the bill of sale; etc......

I guess he was given "incorrect info" as well.....

I agree; that a Sticky about "which was timbre matched for what" would be beneficial.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I have KG 4.5's as well. Did you upgrade to the titianum tweeters on the 4.5's or are you running stock poly? I have the KV-3 but was considering another center. What about the RC-3, RC-35 or the RC-62. The specs from the RC-62 II seem similar.

T2K mentioned that the exponential horn on the KV-3 was "beamy." Has anyone else ever noticed that? I am not sure since I do not have another center channel speaker with a Tractix horn to compare it to.I guess I could see this being the case, but is that the case in practice? I would think for a larger width room, it may happen but for rooms that are 20 feet wide or less, I do not think that this is the case. My room is 14 ft wide so I will test that out soon.

For the KG 4, I would say that the KG 2.2 may be a good match. The best would be another KG 4 if you have the room. The KG 2.5 or KV-3 may work as well.