RW-12 Popping issue

tmay2169

If you want to keep the driver, my vote is to do something like this. It'll kick the crap out of the RW-12d package.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1294134

I think their NSD's are sealed subs. You'll get more output from a ported sub, if that's important to you.

NSD is the woofer. You can get it in a sealed or ported box/cylinder.

I didn't think they had any ported NSD offerings in their current line up, I could be wrong.

If you want to keep the driver, my vote is to do something like this. It'll kick the crap out of the RW-12d package.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1294134

I think their NSD's are sealed subs. You'll get more output from a ported sub, if that's important to you.

NSD is the woofer. You can get it in a sealed or ported box/cylinder.

I didn't think they had any ported NSD offerings in their current line up, I could be wrong.

http://svsound.com/products-sub-cyl-pc12_nsd.cfm

It could be placed in the wrong location or is in the right location yet the seating is in the wrong location and between you and sub is Mr. Null himself! You have possible null smooth shallow dip between part of the sub bass frequency range and you have the sub up TOO high against the LCRS and the level is bottoming!

Id place an SPL db meter close to each LCRS balance the level with wideband pink noise on Dolby/dts test CD DVD until the level is the same. You should use RTA but you might not have one. Okay now place the SPL near the sub and set the level to the same close as possible level.

Now play the films that you forget to mention and it should sound different yes different smoother softer quieter yes! Unless you stick another sub in of the same make next to the sub and set the level to the same as the first sub, the frequency response will slowly change from worse to good but you need something to analyzer youre room. But for now give it try the sub shouldnt totally overwhelm the LCRS if you looked on matching 31band RTA with each LCRS and LFE.1 you shouldnt see the LFE.1 going (over the top).

Smaller speakers will sound bright somewhere in the mid to high range forcing you too play the sub WAY TO HIGH The bass in LCRS should be give a huge shake as it extends down lower than the sub LFE.1 and try not to use bass management let the LCRS play as they are, you might need extra subs for those channels so you can tuck the subs out of sight and still give shaking rattling rumbling impact.

You might be thinking whats the point of all this and you know, youre right. But theres very little you can do to get around it one sub cant do the tango without two or more subs to tackle Mr. Null, who is mean life sub sucking bugger. And dont forget to send the bill to Mr. Null who owes you $1200 because I guess thats want another sub will cost.