Went 16:9 after all, Elunevision AudioWeave (2.35:1 Electric screen without anamorphic lens?)

psg

Peter... you are one patient man... it took forever for them to get it out to you... talk about building suspence... [;)] Looks great...

Apart from the waves, projecting 120" on a sheet has already been amazing; like a huge plasma screen. So I image this will be a good step up (better be for $1650!)

So tell me... well worth the 1650$? Biggest noticeable differences (contrast, detail, colours, brightness, etc…)?

ROb

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Peter... you are one patient man... it took forever for them to get it out to you... talk about building suspence... Wink Looks great...

Well, it's a new product for them... their first AT screen. They got the first ones in mid-December, but they weren't ramped up yet.

So tell me... well worth the 1650$? Biggest noticeable differences (contrast, detail, colours, brightness, etc…)?

ROb

It's all relative because I haven't tried a $300 screen so can't compare to that... But a friend of mine in Quebec City bought a brand name non-tensioned 110-inch electric screen and he has complained of waves, and told me to spend more for a tensioned screen. Worth it? To me, YES! The image pops. It's like looking at a huge plasma screen. The colour is intense, the detail is there. There's no hot spotting at all. It's great. So $1650 for the screen and $1600 or so for the projector... Still beats a $3250 70-inch plasma to me.

• Moderators

Yeah, I tried pausing but it wasalmost always a little blurry

It's because the room is dark. Here's what I do...

Set my D90 dial to A (Aperture Priority) and set it to F11 (keeps everything in focus)

Set my ISO to 200.

Use my projection screen to set my White Balance

Set my camera on a solid surface (barstool, back of my theater seats etc) and set the timer.

With these settings, the shutter will likely stay open for 4 or so seconds (thus the need for a tripod, barstool etc). Eliminates camera shake.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! I'll try that! But I was alreay on Aperture control on a tripod. When I said blurry, I meant the freeze on the projectors. I need to do it on a nice steady shot rather than when stuff is moving on the screen.

• 1 year later...