HELP with selecting my next home theater receiver

BigCliff

I am 99% sure that I am going to go with the Harmon Kardon 3600, great price for a very good receiver.

Okay Cliff, time to complicate things again. Take a look at this. Don't be put off by the specs, NAD rates their power like HK does, conservatively.

http://www.saturdayaudio.com/

http://www.hometheater.com/content/nad-t-747-av-receiver

Sorry bro but I had to do it.

Bill

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well I connected my new HK 3600 over the weekend and finished up the fine tuning last night. So far so good. I originally used the EzSet/EQ to

automatically set up the system. I was not totally impressed with the results, so I manually set it up to my liking. I may try it again in the future to

give it another chance. Over all I am very statisfied with my new purchase, thanks to all the helped me in my decision making.

I was very surprised with the "Faroudja DCDi Cinema scaling/processing to 1080p", really noticed a difference with my picture from my cable box.

I have not had the time to set up and listen to BluRay movies yet, which is the main reason I wanted a new receiver, for the new audio technology

Surround sound results off of cable, were comparable to my Marantz ZR 6006, not a very noticeable difference. This is not a bad thing though,

I have always liked the surround sound from the ZR 6006. The real test will be when I get to see how the HK performs with a movie, hopefully

that will happen this weekend. Thanks again to all that gave me advise and shared their knowledge with me.

Cliff

Well I connected my new HK 3600 over the weekend and finished up the fine tuning last night. So far so good. I originally used the EzSet/EQ™ to automatically set up the system. I was not totally impressed with the results, so I manually set it up to my liking. I may try it again in the future to give it another chance. Over all I am very statisfied with my new purchase, thanks to all the helped me in my decision making. I was very surprised with the "Faroudja DCDi Cinema™ scaling/processing to 1080p", really noticed a difference with my picture from my cable box. I have not had the time to set up and listen to BluRay movies yet, which is the main reason I wanted a new receiver, for the new audio technology . Surround sound results off of cable, were comparable to my Marantz ZR 6006, not a very noticeable difference. This is not a bad thing though, I have always liked the surround sound from the ZR 6006. The real test will be when I get to see how the HK performs with a movie, hopefully that will happen this weekend. Thanks again to all that gave me advise and shared their knowledge with me. Cliff

PICS!!!!!! WTH! [:D]

Congrats..... Once you get the movies going (can you say Rolling Stones?).... I bet you are in for a treat......

FWIW, my old HK came with a previous incarnation of EZ Q (with a mic).... I was not happy with it either.....

Hi Matt, I would love to post pick but I have to way or know how to do it. That microphone for the EZQ is so tiny it is no wonder that it can

not do a great job. Depending on what my next netflix movie is, it just could be the THE ROLLING STONES LIVE AND IN CONCERT

at my house this weekend [6].

Yeah, my mic is triangular with a round base.... probably about 3" circumferance at the base.....

The mic is probably 1/2" on top???? My issue was ambient noise......

There was no way to get it quiet enough to get accurate readings......

(3rd floor apt across the street from a school..... 100 year old building with 25 year old windows..... You get the idea)......