3 rc64's

JasonJCarney

Does anyone run 3 rc 64's for their front stage? I have a 64ii now. I was thinking I wanted the rc 7ii's but then I saw someone running 3 rc 7ii's for their front stage. Made me think about running 3 rc 64ii's for L/R/C. I would lay them all horizontal as I have plenty of space to do it. Can anyone think of any drawbacks? I know The 7's are $2200 and the 64's can be had for $1800. I have 2 a5-350's coming so I don't think a loss of low end should be a problem. Thoughts?

The only thing I can think of is that center speakers are designed to anchor dialogue to the screen and aren't really designed to have a more dispersion of sound that a floorstanding speaker will have. I don't know if you'll get the same soundstage as with floorstanders on the sides.

That being said, I haven't heard any variation of RC-64 speaker, just speaking in generalities.

Could be a good point. However many people on this forum use floorstanders as center channels with no apparent complaints. Meaning that if the floorstanders are producing sound different from a center than shouldn't they suffer from poor movie dialogue? Hmmm I wish I could just try it out