La Scala or RF-7??

Good afternoon all,

Let me say that you guys are awesome with the advice the personable conversation and in some cases comic relief while i'm here at work. My question is: What's more worth my while? I see a pair of RF-7's for 725 in the garage section as i think i can secure them being that i'm only 10min away but i also stumbled across a pair of La Scala's for 450. I know to most it's a no brainer, to me it's go for the La scala's right away but they're a bit rough, no tags front or back (serials) and are a 3 hour drive away plus painted black. The gentleman is very curteous by willing to hold them for a listen but very egar to sell. The RF-7's i think might be a little more accepted as they have a smaller yet taller footprint. I will attach the La Scala's for a better estimate of what i'm dealing with. Any advice on the situation would be fantastic.

post-48737-1381964030815_thumb.jpg

You'll get more expert opinion than I, but I'll put in some of that comic relief anyway. :)

To me, the LS can sound "bigger" for lack of a better term. However, if not running with a sub, I'd choose the 7's. LS and a capable sub are a hard combo to beat. LS and no sub is not going to satisfy most expectations for low end.

Beat up junkers are harder to sell, but if you get them for a song then you can sell low and not loose. From the photos, $450 is fair, but not a steal. Also, is that compression driver on the squaker a standard driver? Doesn't appear so.

I think the LS start to stretch their legs and would be an advantage over the 7's if you have a large room. To me, sitting right on top of LS is not their best conditions. My room is 32' long, and when sitting 25' back from them, they penetrate the room like nothing else I've had.

Did I tip my hand? ;)

I listen to alot of music with some HT here and there due to not having much sitting time. The music listening is mainly when i'm doing house work, Oh yes the Single dad is a jack of all trades. Getting back on track, i don't have a Sub and quite frankly am afraid to purchase one because i know if i do i will go BIG. The 7's kinda sorta take care of that Low doesn't it? plus the La scala wouldn't get their full potential unless they're on tubes? Blah!

La scala wouldn't get their full potential unless they're on tubes? Blah!

LOL. You have been lurking for awhile.

If Lascalas pop up in my area for that price i'm buying them. Of course i'd turn them into jubscalas.

Good luck & welcome to the forum.

Lucky enough for me i worked through the night and wont be able to make the trip for the La scala's today which gives me a little more time to make my decision. If anyone wanted to jump on the set and are closer to the seller making it a no brainer for youm please send me a PM or E-mail. I told the seller that I would spread the word if I couldn't pull the trigger for whatever reason. They're located in (Sayre, PA) and are available today through the weekend. Very motivated seller, he said AA networks and all Original Drivers are fully functional.