Energy Veritas 6.3 - Anyone heard them?

SuBXeRo

Has anyone heard the energy veritas 6.3? I have heard some of the other energy speakers at bb once and was quite impressed. The bass extension was meh but the rest of the sound was tight and just o so clear. I tried finding a local dealer, none have them on display, one place said they did security systems and had no idea what i was talking about.....they were authorized retailers on energys website, go figure.

I have not heard the veritas, but would like to. I work in Magnolia, and I really like the Energy speakers. They have a very clean and smooth sound. Smooth is the word that keeps coming up when I listen to them. You are right though. Their bass is pretty weak. They are actaully one of my go to piece for hi-end sound without a huge sticker shock for customers who think it is crazy to spend over $1,000 on surround sound. I have looked into the veritas myself, and can't find anyone who carries them. They have a great look to them, and I imagine that they sound great.

• 7 months later...

Anyone out there gotten a chance to listen to these yet? They seem to be getting great reviews, they have amazing prices right now, and they are absolutely gorgeous! I have been thinking of selling my W line and upgrading to these beauty's. I find myself favoring smoother amplifiers than bright ones, and I think I would really like these. However, there are no available demos available in my area. Anyone have any feedback or thoughts on these yet?

• 2 weeks later...

That's because UPS likes to mess with you. LOL

Speaking of UPS messing with me, my Veritas 6.3s arrived. Check them out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, the speaker in the first picture was dropped on its corner so hard that the foam base was reduced to powder, and the metal links for the biwire terminal popped off and I am guessing damaged the tweeter by bouncing around in the box. You can see the tweeter in the last picture. I was so annoyed that I didn't even bother to hook them up. Now these were open box clearance, but were zero issues like this in the descriptions(one speaker said that it had light scratches on the back, but instead, it had huge gouges and chunks missing on the back corner of the speaker). On top of that, the girlfriend HATES the rosenute color. Ugg. Well, I am exchanging them for all new 6.3s in piano black now. The only bad thing is that it is going to take at least two weeks to get these shipped back, processed, and then have the new speakers shipped. So I am running two Klipsch computer speakers in the front and running a phantom center channel with them. Veritas impressions in 2-3 weeks!

Yeah, even though I loved the rosenut, in person, they were really red. To me, they looked better in the pictures. In my home, the red really stuck out. I am actually excited to get the black now. The thing about it though is that everyone makes black speakers. I thought the rosenut was unique. Well, a little too unique in my room to the point where you would go "holy crap that is a huge red speaker!"

I did use the center channel for about a week though, and it sounded good. A lot better than the WC-24, which isn't saying much since that center channel is laughable. It has really good off axis sound quality. Man, I can't wait to get these all setup and done with!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my towers. The towers got here unmolested by UPS and look awesome. The center channel hasen't gotten here yet. I really haven't had a chance to really sit and listen or break them in. So far though, compared to my W Icons, they sound much more open with a much smoother midrange. Definitely not as bright though, so I have to get use to that. Just got a couple pics with my phones camera so far. More to come.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image