New member needing assurence.

simonms

Hi All,

I live in the UK and have just bought a pair of Klipsch Belle speakers for £450. I think I will need new x overs for them and the cabinets need a rub down but until i have a poke about can't be 100% on condition of drive units (they are an old pair and the label with serial no's has dissapeared). I have had a look on Bob Crires' web site and was assured that there are replacement drivers available but does anyone know of any experts that could help me on my quest to get the best out of them in the UK?

Did I get a good deal and can they be successfully refurbed by a relative novice like myself with a bit of help from the experts?

I will be able to sort the cabinets out as I have much experience there.

Kind Regards Si

450 Sterling is a GREAT price. Heck, I'd love to find a pair for $731.75USD on this side of the pond!

Congratulations, and welcome to the club.

--Edit: I believe the serial numbers should be stamped or embossed in the wood at the back, top edge of the cabinet.

Dude, You pipped me on this one! I'm going to build my own....no chance of getting another shot at some big K's. MWM base bins....it looks like some sawdust is gonna be made. Check out my thread from yesterday for advice from the members about these Belle's.

Thanks-just read through the post. They will cost nothing to get them to me home so fingers crossed they are in half decent salvigable state. The add says the cabinetsneed a rub down with no splits just a few chips on the bottoms consumate with age and that they "work".

Hopefully the drivers just need a bit of TLC and don't need replacing.

When I get them i will post some detailed pics so we can establish whether they are a bargin or not

Thanks for the replies Si

Am waiting to speak with the seller over the phone but they are over 20 years old-will let you know...

20 years old is not even middle age for these speakers. I have Khorns in my living room that are 44 years old and still in great shape. Before I upgraded all the components, I tried them with the stock 44 yr old ones and they still worked great. Chances are the components in your Belle speakers are fine, and if they need to have diaphragms replaced, it's easy to get parts.

Greg

Thanks for the replies folks,they will be with me tomorrow so will post some pics-the cabinets apparently have some sun damage so could be a re veneering job or maybe I can sand and stain as I'm not looking for a perfect finish,we'll see. The cross overs are blown so will try Bob's A/4500, some CT125 tweeters and new diaphragms for the mids.

Cheers Si