Need some help finding right tube/s

HDBRbuilder

Since this appears to be the place where most of the tube discussion occurs, I have a question.

I have an old German Grundig Majestic Hi-Fidelity radio that my father bought new IN Germany sometime between late 1954-late 1957. I had this radio on my bedside table from 1962 until 1972, falling asleep to rock'n'roll music from it, and leaving it playing all night, turning it off when I got up each morning (hard on it wasn't I?)

Sometime after I went overseas in the military, between '72 and '76, at least one of the tubes in it burnt out. I know for sure that the tuning tube(?) that shows thru a little window on the front of it still works, but at least one of the others is burnt out.

Is there anyplace where I can find these tubes? I was told they were DIN-type (which makes sense for a German radio)and not very common in the U.S. anymore. I would really love to get a complete set of HIGH-QUALITY replacement tubes for it and get it running again.

Also, one of the "buttons" on the front of it is missing, but the lever the "button" fit on still works, and will take a replacement "button" just fine...the original button just split in two and the parts of it got lost over time. I would really love to replace that button, too. Other than these problems, it is in damned good shape.

Of course, I would like to get these parts at a reasonable cost if at all possible.

Any help/suggestions are much appreciated!!!

Yes, guys...I DO KNOW it is a classic!!!

P.S. FYI, I also have the little 45rpm record changer that came with it, and it works perfectly Smile.gif I kinda wonder...if I took that Grundig, and hooked it up to an early 50's K-horn.....hmmmm

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 04-24-2002 at 12:44 AM

Thanks for the help, guys! I haven't as yet made any contact with any of these possible sources, but I will...been kinda busy gettin everything in order for the arrival of the recently purchased LaScalas. The Grundig will be my first project after squaring away the LaScalas.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.