Integra, Marantz or Anthem Amplifier?

This morning I was talking to the regional rep for Rockford Fosgate and Paradigm, and he told me to not get the Marantz or Integra amp. He said go look at a company called Anthem. The PVA 7 would do quite well for me, but I notice it does not have balanced inputs. It is 105 WPC and 122 S/N ratio, which is adequate to drive my La Scalas. http://www.anthemav.com/products/anthem/amplifier/pva-series/pva-7 The price is $1600 on google. I compare that to the Marantz MM8003 which is 140 WPC and 105 S/N ratio.

Thoughts?

Arent anthem made by klipsch now (or atleast owned by them)? I personally would go with the marantz, that thing looks like the robot from the day the earth stood still. Marantz also has a reputation for good build quality and better than average sound. Wondering why they made an 8 channel amplifier though. I wouldnt want to not be using more than 1 or 2 of the channels.

This morning I was talking to the regional rep for Rockford Fosgate and Paradigm, and he told me to not get the Marantz or Integra amp. He said go look at a company called Anthem. The PVA 7 would do quite well for me, but I notice it does not have balanced inputs. It is 105 WPC and 122 S/N ratio, which is adequate to drive my La Scalas. http://www.anthemav.com/products/anthem/amplifier/pva-series/pva-7 The price is $1600 on google. I compare that to the Marantz MM8003 which is 140 WPC and 105 S/N ratio.

Thoughts?

Anthem is owned by Paradigm which is why the rep was pushing you toward
Anthem. The Marantz will give a warmer sound than the Integra. All three companies make great products.

Thoughts?

Anthem is owned by Paradigm which is why the rep was pushing you toward Anthem. The Marantz will give a warmer sound than the Integra. All three companies make great products.

Thanks everybody for the responses.

N8G, I am honored to be your first post. I saw the Paradigm insignia on the Anthem site, and came to the same conclusion about ownership and incentives. Marantz is warmer than the Integra, but where does the Anthem stand?

Anthem has a very high S/N ratio at 122dB, but is that allways a good thing, and is it trustworthy? Also, when the preamp you are looking at has a S/N of 105dB, does the 122 really have an effect, or is S/N cumulative?

Marantz is warmer than the Integra, but where does the Anthem stand?

You know, amps are not supposed to have a warm sound, or any sonic signature. A warm sound should be easily detected as a non-flat frequency response.

Anthem
has a very high S/N ratio at 122dB, but is that allways a good thing,
and is it trustworthy? Also, when the preamp you are looking at has a
S/N of 105dB, does the 122 really have an effect, or is S/N cumulative?

Not really cumulative, unless the numbers are very close. The noise will be about as low as the weakest link.

I haven't spent much time with the Anthem lineup. I do have an Integra DTR-6.5 and an Integra DTR-7.8 They do not have as many features as the others but the Anthem Room Correction is really good at "fixing" room anomolies. Now that I think about it, Anthem receivers don't have a "sound" to them. Which could be a very good thing!

• 3 weeks later...

I have had an Anthem amp for over 10 years and it is a great amp. The thing is dead quite when no source is playing. I bought a 5 channel Emotiva because it was so much cheaper than the Anthems; I'm not so sure that I would do that again, I really like the Anthem.

I have had an Anthem amp for over 10 years and it is a great amp. The thing is dead quite when no source is playing. I bought a 5 channel Emotiva because it was so much cheaper than the Anthems; I'm not so sure that I would do that again, I really like the Anthem.

Thank you. Sounds intriguing as I think a quiet amp is paramount to my revealing La Scalas.

The amp is waiting patiently in my bedroom for a nice set of LaScalas to come along so that I can make a 2 channel system. It was so dead quiet when hooked up to my RF7s that when I put my ear up against the horn, I could not hear anything. Go for the Anthem!

I'm a big fan of Anthem. I have a D2 as the heart of my HT and it has been as flawless and glitch free as you could ever hope a pre-pro to be. In my bedroom I have one of their pre-amp/tuners (TLP-1 I believe) hooked to my Lascalas. They make a great product. (I've never owned one of their amps though[:$].)