About the pilgrimage....looking for a "Picky-less Report", please!

picky

Gosh, I can't believe no one seems to have posted anything or any photos of the goings-on down in Hope this weekend. I realize there is a Pilgrimage post area in this forum but nothing's there beyond talk about preparations; no current events or anything. I was hopeing somebody would at least take over for the absent, Picky Report.

I did tune into the Klipsch Music Festival, live streaming webcast on USTREAM yesterday. Unfortunately, although the video portion seemed to work fine all afternoon and evening, the audio was barely audible and at times it was distorted as if the front-end was being overdriven. I had to turn up the volume to max on the Flash video client and max out the volume on my laptop just to hear a little bit. I did make several attempts to let the technicians running the stream know by sending them information in the Instant Messaging client running in the same window as the video stream. But no one ever responded and the the sound did not change.

Quite a variety of acts were featured throughout the evening and it was great to see "Useless Dave" Almond again and this time with a man who could REALLY play the harmonica. What a great act, guys! I want to thank everyone who set the show up for us all to view and all of the hard work that went on down on Hope getting things in order, setting up the tent and stage and I know Trey Cannon probably gave a 250% effort as usual. Kudos to you all.

So, could somebody who attended please share some stories and photos with us? I really wish I coul dhave been there. I'm already looking to next year when I hope I can attend. Thanks! -Glenn

OK, this was our first trip to Hope. We have passed the exit many times going to my wifes' sisters house in Arkadelphia for all their kids graduations. The city is a little bigger than I thought. The tour at KLIPSCH LLC was just great. "Marteen" led us through the complex, he is a team mate on a small team that makes great sounding equipment that looks like pieces of ART! We saw a pair of completed Khorns with the rose wood finish, they had a black lacquer kick plate at the bottom that made the grain just "pop". The top on this set just rested on the basss bin, they were so beautiful, I am still thinking about them. Then Chris led the listening test, 60th anniversaries, RC7s and p39s. The piano finish on top of the 60ths were just so beautiful, with the lace wood bottom, a true piece of art, I want a pair, but my wife, who enjoyed the tour too, said the rose wood with the open backs is the ticket, this was decided on the drive back. Sound, the khorns beat out the other two, but those RC7s, they were a great sound, the bass was so strong, I was amazed. We went across the street for the musuem walk through, so many pieces of art from the 50s and 60s, you felt like you were in a another time. I hope this continues, we will go again to see the "Klipsch Team". Me and my wife thank everyone for coming to work on a Saturday.

Nice report, rummy and thanks! Not to correct you or anything, but just to clarify, were they RC-7's or possibly RF-7 II's that you auditioned as the RC-7 is a center channel speaker that is no longer in production. Thanks. -Glenn

The speakers I heard were not a center channel playing, even though there was a center channel in the front of the room, we asked Chris and he said the RF7's (I guess, not sure, never had seen that speaker, I thought Chris said RC7's and I was sober Saturday morning) were the only thing playing. Anyway, we did not get into Hope until late Friday, (my wife still has a job in this family) did not go to the Farmhouse, and we left on Saturday before the concert. We saw flyers all over town though for the concert. We are too air conditioning weak to sit outside for any length of time in this heat. The Klipsch LLC complex where the cutting of the wood is done is not air conditioned, my shirt was pretty wet when we went to the listening test. Oh, and I dont mind being corrected anytime, my ego left a long time ago. Sorry to hear that the Farm house did not work out, the PCATs and Blueberry that Davis419 has are what I sold him earlier this year, I bought them from Marc about two years ago.

• Moderators

I was hopeing somebody would at least take over for the absent, Picky Report.

You have got to be kidding, no one could do a Picky report like you..........did you see anyone even try. It's not going to happen without you !

We didn't get home until 2-3 this morning, I will put some pictures as soon as I look through the 300+.

You have got to be kidding, no one could do a Picky report like you..........did you see anyone even try. It's not going to happen without you !

We didn't get home until 2-3 this morning, I will put some pictures as soon as I look through the 300+.

+1 [8] nobody does it better [8]

+1 Music nobody does it better Music

not even Bond...James Bond?

Picky....I missed you down there, well we all did

RF-7 II's with RC-64 II

P-39F and 60ths in the room as well

60ths close to the corners, P-39F next with RF-7 II next

Pwered by a Jamo reciever, they did well with reciever power.....

I had the Gallery room around the corner using the G-28 for the LCR and G-12 as side surorunds with a SW-308 sub......I would like to hear some feedback on that system. They sound great. Room was 16 1/2 wide and don't recall depth but most sat about 12 to 14 feet back

Other than that it was HOT, nice to be back here where it's 66 right now......Hunter and I stayed a week, Trey is still down there on vacation

The piano finish on top of the 60ths were just so beautiful, with the lace wood bottom, a true piece of art, I want a pair, but my wife, who enjoyed the tour too, said the rose wood with the open backs is the ticket, this was decided on the drive back

Congratulations! Sounds like your wife is getting Rosewood Klipschorns for your next anniversay. I'm sure she'll let you use them some too. [8][8][8][H][8][8][8]

Thanks for the report.