just finished recaping my cornwalls

rhenneg

Wow, what a reliefe !! I got a pair of 1984 Cornwalls couple weeks ago and have very disappointed with bass response and dynamics. Just put in the new cap set from BEC and found a broken wire from one of the inductors! Bottom line--now they sound GREAT. Only complaint is that about one and a half or two octaves above middle C there are a couple notes that sound strident and not great. Not sure what to do about that. Will have to get my test CD and meter out and find the exact frequency.

rh

not sure how to adjust aCW for individual notes... but perhaps there is for a range.

FYI, I just installed a set of Crites 125 tweets, man... what an immediate difference.Makes me think there may be more holes in that speaker that could be addressed

Nice work...

I'm building my special edition of Cornscala ... I have a question if you can help me (I've bought parts from Bob except Crossovers because I wanted to figure the cabinets out first)

Q: What if a Cornscala Bass section has no PORT? should I change the crossover? will a cornscala with no bass-port sound better?

tnx

Is this hapening on both speakers or just one? The range you mention is covered by the mid horn. You might see if you can find a friend with a set of diaphragms to listen to which do not have this issue and try them in your speakers. My best advice is to upgrage both your tweeter diaphragms and your mid diaphragms to new Titanium units you will not be sorry as they in a whole other league when compared to the phenolic diaphragms. Bob Crites sells the tweeter diaphragms for $60.00 the pair and Klipsch will sell you new mid diaphragms for about $185.00 pair. I have not included shipping cost. Best regards Moray James.

Nice work...

I'm building my special edition of Cornscala ... I have a question if you can help me (I've bought parts from Bob except Crossovers because I wanted to figure the cabinets out first)

Q: What if a Cornscala Bass section has no PORT? should I change the crossover? will a cornscala with no bass-port sound better?

tnx

Arash-

If you're using a K-33, I suggest not changing the balancing network (except modern capacitors) and don't eliminate the port. IMHO you should keep the cabinet volume and port configuration as close to the CW as possible.

My best advice is to upgrage both your tweeter diaphragms and your mid diaphragms to new Titanium units you will not be sorry as they in a whole other league when compared to the phenolic diaphragms. Bob Crites sells the tweeter diaphragms for $60.00 the pair and Klipsch will sell you new mid diaphragms for about $185.00 pair. I have not included shipping cost. Best regards Moray James.

Does Bob sell titanium diaphragms for K-77s?

There is no titanium diaphragm available for the K-77. I would be happy if someone would just build a really good replacement for the original phenolic diaphragm for the K-77.

Bob Crites

This is why I just purchased all new cross over boards from Bob. And while I had the backs of I measured the the horns and tweeters. MY 1979 Corns K-55-V measured 10.9 ohms and the K-77-M were 6.7 ohm and sound

like new. Pop and I purchased these New in 1979 and this is the first time they have been opened. They still played Ok at higher volume but at low volume I heard trash and thought it might me my Yamaha amps. Then I read about

that after 30 years or so the caps can leak oil and other problems with the C/O so I just replaced them both. Glad I did the bass is so full at low volume and the mids are clear again. Thanks Bob.

Louis