Can I do better than this 42" Panasonic plasma for $430?

fini

I'm sure with some basic hand tool skills, a sheet of glass and some lefover xenon and neon gasses you could probably build your own. We've all heard the old saying...If you can assemble pre-fab furniture, you can build your own plasma panel.

Surprise

WOW that's different, sounds like your kind of not normal..........I like it. Yes You fit in perfect. Cool

Welcome

It's good to know that there's like minded individuals out there who appreciate my MacGuyver-esque approach to home theater. And to answer your inevitable follow up question, yes that's me in the avatar pic posing at my brother's wedding.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets put this to a vote.

Question: Which fact do you consider more humerous?

Fact 1. Brunt rolls out a sweet 19" CRT

Fact 2. Brunt felt the need to type out "Cinevision model with upgraded board"

Fact 3. Brunt is clearly sporting a fake mustache in his avatar and apparently at his brothers wedding

Lets put this to a vote.

Question: Which fact do you consider more humerous?

Fact 1. Brunt rolls out a sweet 19" CRT

Fact 2. Brunt felt the need to type out "Cinevision model with upgraded board"

Fact 3. Brunt is clearly sporting a fake mustache in his avatar and apparently at his brothers wedding

Before people rush to judgement here, allow me to clarify.

Fact 1: Not sure why it's funny, but yes on the CRT. Guilty as charged. Upgrade coming soon!

Fact 2: As for the "Cinevision with upgraded board". I just wanted to let the good folks here know I wasn't using some run of the mill, entry level, white van CRT. The Cinevision, especially with the upgraded board, allows better blacks (which is good for movies), smoother scaling, color picture and improved reception.

Fact 3: This one is a little embarrassing for me. The mustache is most definitely real. I would never disrespect a family member by wearing a fake mustache to their wedding...BUT, the mustache has admittedly been augmented with women's mascara. The mascara allow me to fill in the natural gaps I have in my beard which allows my facial hair to look more thick and robust. I was more or less run out of the Polk audio forums, mostly because they didn't tolerate what they didn't understand, I.E., the mascara, so I'm hoping you guys are a little more open minded.

Before people rush to judgement here, allow me to clarify. Fact 1: Not sure why it's funny, but yes on the CRT. Guilty as charged. Upgrade coming soon! Fact 2: As for the "Cinevision with upgraded board". I just wanted to let the good folks here know I wasn't using some run of the mill, entry level, white van CRT. The Cinevision, especially with the upgraded board, allows better blacks (which is good for movies), smoother scaling, color picture and improved reception. Fact 3: This one is a little embarrassing for me. The mustache is most definitely real. I would never disrespect a family member by wearing a fake mustache to their wedding...BUT, the mustache has admittedly been augmented with women's mascara. The mascara allow me to fill in the natural gaps I have in my beard which allows my facial hair to look more thick and robust. I was more or less run out of the Polk audio forums, mostly because they didn't tolerate what they didn't understand, I.E., the mascara, so I'm hoping you guys are a little more open minded.

I can't breath right now![pi]

• Moderators

That's funny

Hey I think the mustache kind of looks like Frank Zappa's, mascara I don't care, really, considering everything out there these days mascara is really way down the list.