Altec Lansing Model 19... How is it?

Arash

Hi there

One of my friends has a two way horn speaker "Altec Lansing Model 19" which is similar to Klipsch Chorus from appearance

they sound very smooth and laud ... the bass is really kicking ... they are in 9/10 condition and all the parts are original in best shape

I was wondering how much do they worth?

The speakers are in IRAN??

Yep that's where Arash lives, I would think about 1000 people would have to inspect and take them apart before they ever got here if at all.

Things would go much smoother if the crossovers were removed for shipping . Heck , can you imagine the TSA's response if they encountered these inside of checked baggage on a domestic flight let alone an international one ? Posted Image

• Moderators

Things would go much smoother if the crossovers were removed for shipping . Heck , can you imagine the TSA's response if they encountered these inside of checked baggage on a domestic flight let alone an international one ?

It wouldn't be good, you wouldn't be happy with that physical ! [8o|]

• 2 weeks later...

I used the A19 for many years. Then happened to get hold of an worn out seventies pair of LaScalas which sounded aweful first but somehow promising because 'faster' than the A19, stiff & controlled in the bass region. I spend a lot of time tuning them mechanically and trying all kinds of xover variants. It was hard work to get them sound nice. Now they do. Still they lack some whoooomm in the bass, probably a diappointment for drum&bass friends. For jazz and classical music though they are really rewarding, vivid and precise. I' m selling my A 19 soon (in europe, near Luxembourg). They are surely more forgiving, and are much easier to restore and pimp if you want them to play on a higher level of finesse (simple 2-way network, just one horn to be tamed).

I used the A19 for many years. Then happened to get hold of an worn
out seventies pair of LaScalas which sounded aweful first but somehow
promising because 'faster' than the A19, stiff & controlled in the
bass region. I spend a lot of time tuning them mechanically and trying
all kinds of xover variants. It was hard work to get them sound nice.
Now they do. Still they lack some whoooomm in the bass, probably a
diappointment for drum&bass friends. For jazz and classical music
though they are really rewarding, vivid and precise. I' m selling my A
19 soon (in europe, near Luxembourg). They are surely more forgiving,
and are much easier to restore and pimp if you want them to play on a
higher level of finesse (simple 2-way network, just one horn to be
tamed).

• 5 months later...