The Best H/T Receiver?

PostMan

Like Mikekid, I too have an OLD Yamaha RX-V2090 and like it. I bought it when they first came out, and obviously technology has improved in the last few years in HT.

I think when I upgrade, it will be eith Denon. They ARE sweet!

------------------

Yamaha RX-V2090

Yamaha DDP-2

Panasonic DVD-A110

Sony CDP-CX260

T.V. 36" JVC

KLF-20 Mains

C-7 Center

RS-3 Fronts

KSF-S5 Rears

LF-10 Sub

KSF-15 Sub

• 2 months later...

shapeshifter,

I just bought a NAD T761 and hooked it up to my KLF 20's and was very disapointed! The ten year old stereo receiver I was using before was a Luxman 35 watt $500 gem. The soundstage, mids, highs, bass on the Lux blows away the NAD and I turned off the loudness on the Lux and still the bass blows away the NAD. The bass on the Lux with the KLF 20's was tight, deep bass that I had not heard on my old pair of origanal Heresys with the Lux.

Now I have only had this unit for 1 week so I'm going to give it more time to see if the sound develops into something better. The bass wouldn't be a big issue since I'm going to get a sub in a month or two. But When I called and told sales man about the difference in bass he mentioned the loudness button on the Luxman. So I put the Lux on top of the stereo cabnet and played a CD through the 761 and then hooked every thing back up to the Lux with out the loudness button engaged and I almost boxed up the T761 to take it back right then. I'm taking the unit in the store and hooking it up to some of their speakers to see if the unit is bad.

I also saw in your system you had a NAD HT amp. So have you listened to just the 761 with out the extra power? For me the sound stage() is like I hear the music way behind my stereo cabnet which is centered between my KLF 20's, the Lux envelopes you!

Without preaching; pound for pound and dollar for dollar the Marantz SR8000 can't be beat. The Denon 4800 and 5800, albeit excellent HT receivers, are in an entirely different price league. I got my SR8000 for under $1,000 and now with all the rave reviews most dealers will get $1,200 or so.

"Because Music Matters"

------------------

My main Klipsch system:

KLF-30's Bi-wired

KLF-C7

KSP-S6's

KSW-15 Front Sub

KSW-100 Rear Sub

Monster cable 14 gauge in-wall cable

Niles wall plates

Marantz SR-8000

Toshiba SD-4205 5 DVD changer