Shame on Apple and OS lion, no Front Row, what are they thinking?

BBZink

Apples hardware is top notch.

Except for the two that came DOA this summer. That's TWO out of 17. Not very good at all.

How long did it take Apple before they adopted the new iX processors? [A]

But seriously, numeric computation programs run way faster in Windows, which is why programs like LTspice don't exist for Mac.

I've been using Windows 7 since I got my new machine in January and I'm liking it. I got used to the differences pretty quickly.

However, I don't know how much of the performance improvement is due to replacing my tired old XP machine.

Where you put your music? in a cloud?

Apple TV plays movies, music, podcasts directly from your host computer, be it your laptop or desktop, wirelessly via Itunes.

You can also logon to Youtube or Apple's servers to watch content on demand through the Apple TV hardware.

This a great improvement in energy saving, running a computer for database, buy a product i don't need! and than have the ability to listen my music, because of a lousy programmer at apple and marketing manager who want big bonuses!

Apple a green compagny, We want your dollar as green as they are!

It sounds like you should switch to windows then, since they are "greener".

How long did it take Apple before they adopted the new iX processors? Angel

Mike,

Not sure when they made the first switch. They had Core Duo and Core 2 Duo series pretty early on (I have a 2006 iMac with a Core Duo). The newest iMacs at our school (27 inch, 3+ Ghz with 16 gig of ram, and quad core i7 cpu), are sweet. They just announced the iX series in the Mac Mini, which will be a welcome addition.

Bruce

Well CPU is working so hard on video, to the new make your screen look like an ipad version, that...

Well i am using a french version and this morning a could see my computer putting page in english on icon and the put a second layer to make it loook like french version, looosy programming very looosy programming this lion stuff!

How long did it take Apple before they adopted the new iX processors? Angel

Mike,

Not sure when they made the first switch. They had Core Duo and Core 2 Duo series pretty early on (I have a 2006 iMac with a Core Duo). The newest iMacs at our school (27 inch, 3+ Ghz with 16 gig of ram, and quad core i7 cpu), are sweet. They just announced the iX series in the Mac Mini, which will be a welcome addition.

Bruce

I honestly looked at purchasing a mac book pro when I made my last laptop purchase, but nothing Apple had at the time could touch the hardware performance of a $900 dell.