------------------

Computer

1.8 P4 - 640 megs of DDR ram

Geforce 3

120gig and 60gig 7200rpm harddrives

8000 Mp3's, all hooked up to my receiver via USB

No No not the reference series. No No not any klipsch

is ugly.

The following speakers are huge and ugly: http://www.focal-jmlab.fr/gb/home/utopia/index.htm

and also the baltic II from cabasse : http://www.cabasse.com/english/artis2/baltic.htm

and others (but definitly not klipsch) Smile.gif

(just personal tastes)

About the grills:

The grills on my RF-3's are the most solid one's I have seen. The mesh structure is a good design.

I don't understand how one can complain about those grills??

Maybe about the feet, but then again I don't use them.

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-909RDS

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3 tFTP

Rear: RF-3 tFTP

Center: RC-3 tFTP

quote:

Originally posted by USparc:

the baltic II from cabasse :

OMG!cwm24.gif Looks like a friggen eye. That is one ugly looking speaker.

------------------

the m00n system

Should have my R3 system replaced with R7 this weekends>

FRONTS: RF-3II

CENTER: RC-3II

SURROUND: RS-3II

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

I think the RF3's look good. BLACK though. At least we pay for drivers, and not wood like polk people. (which looks no good anymore!!??)

Yeah, infinity IL40's look GREAT!!! I think the rock. But that is for someone who dosn't care about sound. Klipsch sounds better. That is what speakers are fore.

Nuance looks nice to ya know..Shiny and curvey!

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks

Yikes...clown-nose time again...and looking for the icon for swallowing foot-words...

Ddrakes photos of his forte's had me putting furniture in the yard...

In redemption of my previous opinions... the rf7s in black (hey are they still using rustoleum 777?) were butt-ugly compared to similarly priced speakers in the showroom.

Could not do sonic comparison...as I was invisible.cwm24.gif

Yup, those speakers that USparc linked up are definitely UGLY. mOOn, it DOES look like an eyeball!

Don't want any of my speakers lookin' at me like that.

ChorusII mains

Academy center

KG 1.5 rear surrounds

KG .5 front effects (Yamaha RX-V3000)

SW12II sub

=========BEAUTIFUL===============

Mike:

The Yamaha Underdog

I found the Utopias to be a little awkward looking but I could probably live with them if the sound and the price were very right but the Cabasse line looks Gawd awful a'moi - bilingue dontcha know old pip.

They are so ugly that the sound would have to absolutely astound me after I had been listening to a pair of Khorns while high on "The Devil's Weed" for a month before I would consider a purchase.

AKA

Beauty is in the eye,(or ear), of the beholder - (additional dialogue by Lynn Marshall) - (There once was a stage production of one of Shakespeare's plays and the programme featured a note that additional dialogue had been provided by some Bozo)

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 05-02-2002 at 10:27 PM

I've always been a form follows function kind of guy. Engineering school does that to you. I would say, however, that my oiled oak Chorus and Forte's look fantabulous with my handbuilt mission oak living room furniture and a nice oriental rug. I guess it's all in what you are looking for.

Speed

P.S. Anyone looking to get rid of ugly Klipsch speakers should let me know before they hit the curb. I run a home for wayward Klipsch speakers around here...good, bad, and UGLY Smile.gif

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Klipsch Forte II surrounds

Marantz SR19EX Receiver

Yamaha 5 CD Changer

Mitsubishi WS-55807 55" HDTV

Playstation 2 for games/DVD

This message has been edited by speedbump on 05-09-2002 at 12:19 AM

Ya, I don't know TK... I got my RF7s... Ya ask me, they are towers of beauty.

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

When I was shopping for speaker upgrades looks did come into play for me a bit. I mean these are going to be in my living room and next to my screen, the second most prominant item in the room. So of course I want them to look good. I don't really care for the look of the Infinity IL40's or IL50's but thought the sound was 'ok'. Loved the look of the Wharfedale Emerald 97's and the sound I hear is great but more laid back. They are just hard to come by. I saw the Klipsch reference series and loved their look, especially with the grills off. Those copper cones...mmmmm. cwm4.gif Plus the sound....mmmmmmm.

Guest BobG

The entire RF-7 system including RSW-15 was recently chosen for the set of the new Jet Li movie. The set decorator contacted us and asked very nicely if we would supply the product. Normally, it costs thousands to get a product placed in a movie. Guess there's no accounting for taste.

Hey that's really cool Bob... You you guys should also get a special thanks in the credits also, right?

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Bob - Very cool. I figured they would just use those "props" like you see in model homes. Kinda hate to see them getting the **** kicked out of them by Mr. Li, though. I'd hate to see what they look like by the end of the shoot!

BTW, any truth to the rumor that John Cusack's character in High Fidelity used Klipsch in his apartment?

Doug

------------------

My System

USparc posted the following links:

No No not the reference series. No No not any klipsch

is ugly.

The following speakers are huge and ugly: http://www.focal-jmlab.fr/gb/home/utopia/index.htm

and also the baltic II from cabasse : http://www.cabasse.com/english/artis2/baltic.htm

and others (but definitly not klipsch) <http://216.37.9.58/ubb/smilies/Smile.gif>

Good lord! Those JM Lab Utopias, I could live with, even though they do kinda look like something leftover from a Buck Rogers movie. They do seem to have a pretty cool, high-tech look to them, though. The specs look pretty impressive on them. I actually would love to audition a set of those.

However, those Cabass Baltic IIs would creep me out! Having those big eyes staring at me from 6 different directions just simply would not go over to well with me. As somebody else metioned, those speakers have better sound damn good for a damn good price before I would consider buying any. Just out of shear curiosity, if I had the chance, I would give them a listen.

I wonder if anybody, such as TheEars, has heard of or even listened to any of those speakers in the above mentioned links. I'd be curious to see thier opinion on the sound of those speakers.

As far as the looks of the Klispch Reference line, I personally like it. It is a very clean, conservative look and fits in real well with my home decore. As soon as I finalize my HT setup (currently auditioning a pair of RF-7s with the idea of exchanging my entire Reference 3 setup with Reference 7s), I'll get a digital camera and take pictures of my setup.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802

RF-3II (Front)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - recycled)

32 inch Sharp (TV)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

• 2 weeks later...