Alternate to Rc-7?

WeebMan

The centers are designed as a compromise for picky wives wives and furniture restrictions. 3 of the same speakers across the front always trumps a timbre/series matched center - it's just rarely practical.

To be clear that state is personal opinion. I couldn't disagree more.

I've only gotten to page 3 but the placement issue is the reason that center channels were developed compared to using 3 identical speakers up front.

If you ever have any technical questions you should feel free to call Klipsch. I have a couple times and Emotiva as well. They are happy to help.Yes

Who at Klipsch told you that a designed center channel was sonically better than a third identical speaker up front? Hmm

I never said that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the logistics? How many people have a theater area that will handle, oh I don't know, 3 RF-7's? Not only would most have to flip the center tower on it's side, but then you'd have to center the tweeter with the main listening position, which sort of defeats the purpose of 3 identical speakers according to that link. I fear it may look slightly on the retarded side. I have a decent sized room, and I wouldn't be able to handle the physical dimensions of the "3 identical front speakers" option. Obviously my point doesn't tackle sound, but aesthetics count for something too.

you're repeating what has been already said. logistics and WAF (wife acceptance factor) is exactly the reason for creating the dedicated center channel vs. a third speaker to match the mains.

Jason - Your logic is flawed and you incorrectly claim opinions on behalf of Klipsch. Just because you choose to be wrong and have a "different opinion" doesn't always mean it is valid or correct.Save the "agree to disagree" arguments for stuff like owning a gun or spanking your kids.

How about the logistics? How many people have a theater area that will handle, oh I don't know, 3 RF-7's? Not only would most have to flip the center tower on it's side, but then you'd have to center the tweeter with the main listening position, which sort of defeats the purpose of 3 identical speakers according to that link. I fear it may look slightly on the retarded side. I have a decent sized room, and I wouldn't be able to handle the physical dimensions of the "3 identical front speakers" option. Obviously my point doesn't tackle sound, but aesthetics count for something too.

you're repeating what has been already said. logistics and WAF (wife acceptance factor) is exactly the reason for creating the dedicated center channel vs. a third speaker to match the mains.

Jason - Your logic is flawed and you incorrectly claim opinions on behalf of Klipsch. Just because you choose to be wrong and have a "different opinion" doesn't always mean it is valid or correct.Save the "agree to disagree" arguments for stuff like owning a gun or spanking your kids.

To what logic do you refer? Im old and my memory doesnt go back 23 days.....[:S]

To what logic do you refer? Im old and my memory doesnt go back 23 days.....Tongue Tied

didn't even notice the dates. I just received e-mail notification today that those posts were made - awesome.

On a side note.... who told you I have a gun and children?[:|]