RS-3 help...

Brunt

Maybe one is a "passive" tweeter.Wink

So...is that a yes? The gentleman from Klipsch didn't say crossover failure was impossible, but he said the odds of it happening in a PAIR of speakers and effecting them both the same exact way were astronomical...especially from just sitting in storage.

. Just to clarify with you guys are both tweeters in these types of surrounds supposed to be as loud and playing same information?

As far as I know yes, I've not read anything to the contrary.

You need to try to swap wires in the speaker from one tweeter to the other and see if the problem follows the wiring (crossover) or stays with the driver.

. Just to clarify with you guys are both tweeters in these types of surrounds supposed to be as loud and playing same information?

As far as I know yes, I've not read anything to the contrary.

You need to try to swap wires in the speaker from one tweeter to the other and see if the problem follows the wiring (crossover) or stays with the driver.

+1

Hey guys, just spoke with Dieter Von Klipsch and after swapping out non responsive tweeter in one cabinet for a working in another so both working tweeters are paired up, I came to the conclusion that the crossovers are not the culprit. I ordered 2 new tweeters today so hopefully that will do it. Thanks for all the input and I was VERY impressed with Klipsch's customer service.

Thanks for the update. That was really bizarre. Did you ever check them with an Ohm meter? If they're not open, Id wager you could get them back up and running.

How would one get them back up and running if that was indeed the case?

Thanks for the update. That was really bizarre. Did you ever check them with an Ohm meter? If they're not open, Id wager you could get them back up and running.

How would one get them back up and running if that was indeed the case?

The first thing I'd do would be to check to see if the voice coils were open or not. Take an Ohm meter and check between the + and -- terminals. If it reads open, they'll need new diaphrams but I'd bet that this isn't the case. I'm not sure what the readings should be but the drivers should read close to either 4, 6 or 8 Ohms. You can check a known good tweeter to see what the correct reading should be. If the readings are the same on the good one and the dead one, I'd hit them with some short bursts from one of my pro amps to try and loosen the stuck diaphrams.