• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

They are actually resting on top of the cardboard carton my Jub is in

Cross them at 80hz and enjoy them

Heresy's with bite!

To be honest.... it sounded pretty darn nice.

I kind of did that when I first got the garage MWM's bins working, put Heresy's on top with the Heresy bass wires running each to a single bin. I was just wanting to hear them play, it sounded better than I expected, just didn't have enough mids and tweets for outside when you got a little ways out in the yard.

Ended up making a top half of a split LaScala, k400/ Bob C tweeters and AA crossover for each single bin and it helped alot. It sounds good outside and really sounds good even at a few hundred feet. Perfect for outside speakers, put them on a frame on wheels so they can be wheeled outside and pointed in any direction.

• Moderators

Since your talking about mix and match, I have one that will make you laugh. [:P]

We live about 60 miles from any city big enough to have a decent radio station so I was thinking what seems to get good reception at long distances ? A car radio and antenna, so I had a bright idea to try one.

I got a Pioneer Supertuner with CD and HD radio, the good part was it has pre-outs so I connected it to a crown D-75. It does pretty good and picks up a few HD stations and a bunch of others. I listen to the radio when doing something outside and don't feel like changing Cd's.

Also to make it completely portable I can use just the radios amp and run the whole thing off a car battery which sounds about like when i used a t- amp with them as far as volume goes, still gets 100 Db at 50', any more and the quality goes down hill fast.

Made a little box to hold everything without woodworking dust getting inside.

post-11804-13819663693354_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Man, gotta love a shop where everything is labelled - even the dust! Yes

Well when you get old it helps, when you see a button and a note "press here for music" it's really bad.

Btw, you can get pretty crazy with the radio antennas if you want to pick up stuff from way further away.

It just has a car antenna mounted on a small piece of plywood that can be moved around. For inside I had a big antenna on a 20' pole but I was always real nervous every time lightning was popping all around. It did work great, it would pick up so many stations I didn't have enough presets for all the stations I liked, but took it down.

• Moderators

All of this extra [bs] is just a trick to string this along until you get your opinion after you get to hear them setup in YOUR room. After a little adjusting and fine tuning I think your going to be shocked, in a good way. [:|] [Y]

The damaged jub left my house today and is now with the maintenance department in the Hotel at World Square Sydney. After they have done their restoration works it will be moved into the Bar to be the LF for the new system which is about to be installed.

I have the plans for the Tuba HT and will fit it with the Dayton RSS390HF-4 15" 500watt HF woofer. I will build a 36x36x30 cabinet into the staircase rebuild, so this is the next job.

The replacement jub has been ordered.[Y]

I doubt that I will plug the jubs in until December as the amps are in their boxes upstairs safe from damage and I can't move them by myself.

I sure I will be very pleased with the result and I am expecting they will sound "real" or "invisible", minimal, lol. What about fluid or is it liquid, when I first listen to them I can do one of those HiFi Buff flowery reviews or I can just say "They are really good Mate", lol.

I expect they will be enjoyed like my LaScala, turn on, select material, enjoy.

When I created the "Juberesy" the other day, I had been measuring the Heresy and physically getting an idea of how they will fit back to back centre rear of the room in front of the stairs pointing at the side walls above the listening position. I will bend and screw a steel plate to the stair stringer with a plywood platform sandwich and hide the steel and for the Heresy to sit on. I can then swivel them for the best wall reflection angle. They will also be less obvious and not the first thing you notice in the room as they would be if they were hanging from either side at the back. The ceiling is 3M high so I reckon this should be a pretty good compromise in getting a good sound and subtle "minimalist" haha appearance.

They are actually resting on top of the cardboard carton my Jub is in

Cross them at 80hz and enjoy them

Heresy's with bite!

To be honest.... it sounded pretty darn nice.

I have always liked the Heresy and as studio monitors mounted inverted into the rear concrete ceiling corners of the control room we got very good clean consistent results.

I think they will make great rears for my system driven by my (1975) Marantz 1200B which produces 28% more than it's rating. Go the Heritage! They will be almost directly above the mouth of the Tuba so I will have a bit of measuring and calculating to do to get the best alignment if I cross them at 80hz. That is in the set-up plan if I can get it to work without it being noticeable.

• Moderators

I sure I will be very pleased with the result and I am expecting they will sound "real" or "invisible", minimal, lol. What about fluid or is it liquid, when I first listen to them I can do one of those HiFi Buff flowery reviews or I can just say "They are really good Mate", lol.

Whatever you feel comfortable with, since you did say fluid or liquid, have a glass of some ready when you start listening and have fun. [:P]

Whatever you feel comfortable with, since you did say fluid or liquid, have a glass of some ready when you start listening and have fun. Stick out tongue

Do I have to wait till then.[6]

I'm going to a dual birthday party this evening. It's one of my yoga teachers and myself [C] I doubt it PARTY at the PUB likely [D] definitely [^] I think So [:o] haha

I selected the Power conditioner today with Symmetrically Balanced Power to improve the noise floor of the system. The X350.5 amps are also Symmetrically Balanced thru the signal path to the speaker terminals. I was fortunate today as it was available at half price.

The Blurb

Designed for the most critical, ultra-low noise installations, the P-2300 IT E supplies up to 10 amps of balanced AC power ideal for recording studios, broadcast stations, video production facilities, or any environment requiring a pristine, studio-quality signal-to-noise ratio.

The P-2300 IT E features a specially wound and shielded toroidal balanced isolation transformer specifically designed to reduce hum pickup by sensitive equipment when ultra-low-noise is a must. Additionally, Furmans revolutionary Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP), Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS), and Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) are combined to ensure what our customers have grown to expect from Furman uncompromised protection and purification.

Symmetrically Balanced Power

Furmans Symmetrically Balanced Power provides a virtually invisible noise floor by reworking incoming AC into a balanced power output. Similar to a balanced audio signal, balanced power splits a single voltage path into two separate voltage paths which are in opposite polarity, cancelling out noise and distortion on the incoming line. This noise reduction is extraordinarily efficient and linear across a huge frequency range, unveiling harmonics, overtones and low-level signals commonly masked by AC line noise.

Unmatched Protection

Furmans SMP and EVS circuitry safeguards equipment from transient voltage events (such as surges and spikes), as well as sustained overvoltage conditions (commonly caused by wiring faults), for complete and comprehensive protection of sensitive equipment.

Innovative Convenience and Monitoring Features

The P-2300 IT Es front panel LED window displays incoming voltage or output current, with Protection OK, Extreme Voltage and color-coded Voltage Range indicators for comprehensive power monitoring. A front panel USB outlet charges most personal media devices and cell phones right at your equipment rack. Universal IEC C-13 receptacles (12 rear panel, 2 front panel) and a removable power cord ensure compatibility with regional power requirements.

• Moderators

Do I have to wait till then.Devil

I'm going to a dual birthday party this evening. It's one of my yoga teachers and myself Coffee I doubt it PARTY at the PUB likely Drinks definitely Cake I think So Surprise haha

No reason to wait, your definitely on the right track, it's just a matter of time now.

My wife does some yoga at the gym sometimes, you said you and your yoga teacher and party in the same sentence and pictures of some of those yoga poses added to what I would "want" a yoga teacher to look, made me stop reading for a minuite. [:$]

My wife does some yoga at the gym sometimes, you said you and your yoga teacher and party in the same sentence and pictures of some of those yoga poses added to what I would "want" a yoga teacher to look, made me stop reading for a minuite. Embarrassed

You're still thinking about that dancer from Argentina... [;)]

Do I have to wait till then.Devil

I'm going to a dual birthday party this evening. It's one of my yoga teachers and myself Coffee I doubt it PARTY at the PUB likely Drinks definitely Cake I think So Surprise haha

No reason to wait, your definitely on the right track, it's just a matter of time now.

My wife does some yoga at the gym sometimes, you said you and your yoga teacher and party in the same sentence and pictures of some of those yoga poses added to what I would "want" a yoga teacher to look, made me stop reading for a minuite. Embarrassed

I target to do 15 classes at the gym each week. 10 Yoga, 3 Pilates and 2 Crunch "Abs".

Only sometimes do I get to every class. I endeavour to structure everything else around the classes as each week I feel better than I did the week before and for me this is the most important thing you can do for yourself.

This is a Hatha Yoga Sun Salutation Sequence featuring my ex-girlfriend. She was one of my Yoga Teachers and likely will be again when she returns from her world tour.