New Jubs on the Block

RRFL

• Moderators

I would imagine, that is a whole lot tougher than it looks. Impressive lady. [Y]

See I kept it claen....[:o]....you really have to respect the discipline it takes to get to that point, it's as hard as any athletes workout.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The damaged jub after the Hotel Maintenance Department refinished it. There will be a curved marble finish top placed over the jub for drinks and a floor to ceiling slim SLS line array will be installed on the left side in the recess the window is in.

This will replace all the Klipsch ceiling speakers which will be recycled into the outdoor areas.

post-45280-13819664244506_thumb.jpg

The Rack with 4 QSC RMX 2450 loaded at the base the bottom one will be for the jub and the other 3 for the SLS line arrays.

At the top the A&H iDR8 that was going to be controlling my home Cinema before I changed my mind in favour of the Ashly NE8800.

post-45280-13819664265464_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm still waiting for my replacement Jub.

Klipsch changed bank accounts and the Australian Cinema Dealer did not know so payment went astray leading to additional delay.

Getting the Ashly NE8800 has been like getting light from a Black Hole, hopefully, it will arrive soon after 4 months. Lucky I did not hold my breath, lol. I want to Bi-Amp my LaScala with the 402's using the new amps.

I now think I won't have consecutive serial numbers as a pair of Cherry Jubs has already been delivered.

So it is likely, my serial numbers will be either side of the Cherry pair.

So that will make the serial number history a little more interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

I made a Tuba HT LP. Well almost the engine rooms not finished and the brace is not in the mouth yet.

If I make a Belle Bass to go with it and then add a KPT- 402 would I then have a "Jubelleauba"?

I wonder how a Belle Bass would go with a PD1850 as the driver, emmm

post-45280-13819686956074_thumb.jpg

My first Tuba construction is now in position with a 3 cabinet SLS 6593v2 line array. The Ashly NE8800 is processor and it's quite. A pair of QSC RMX 2450 drive the 4 speakers.

The configuration is Tuba L+R Top SLS L Centre SLS L+R Bottom SLS R.

There are 9 zones in this installation and all other zones have a pair of stereo 3 way ceiling speakers.

I'm looking forward to building a pair of 18"x18"x72" for the corners behind my pair of LaScala and a 36"x18"x72" to go with my Jubilee.

This 1st Tuba is covering below 80hz and I'm very happy with the result. It is consistent with the LaScala and Jubilee in it's bandpass.

I consider this will be a good match for the LaScala for those who want to actively xover their LaScala.

If anyone is interested, I have photos of the template construction through to completion including the jigs I made and I can put a thread together for TUBA HT LP BUILD.

The wall between the Tuba and the Rack is not straight. The Tuba is exactly square.

post-45280-13819687185654_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

My replacement Jub LF will be opened and inspected at the Sydney Cinema Dealer tomorrow and if it's not damaged, it will be delivered to my house on Friday. YES....

A KPT-402/K69 was accidentally ordered along with the LF so now I will have a pair of Jub LF's and a trio of 402 HF's. Since the 402 is surplus to the Cinema Dealers requirements, I will get a good deal on taking it off their hands.

Must be that good Karma thing again, like with all my FEDEX deliveries arriving ahead of schedule, in mint condition, with smiles and the best ever customer service possible. The only way it could be better is if they gave me complimentary chocolates as I signed or the beautiful girls in the beauty shop under my house signed for the delivery.