Best source for veneer?

Where do you folks get your veneer? I have a pair of Khorns to cover and also would like to redo my oak Cornwalls. I'm not looking for anything really exotic, just woods like oak, cherry, ash at reasonable prices. Also, those of you who have done a fair amount of veneering, what seems to work best? unbacked, paper backed, etc. ?

I have worked with the 10mil paper backed stuff(exotic and otherwise)from Oakwood veneer many, many times and absolutely love it. Kind of cheating not using raw, but I save that for smaller projects. The paper backed sheets are a blessing for doing say the large front face of a Khorn. Oakwood is a pleasure to deal with as well. I have applied the veneers using both the Heat Lock/Titebond iron-on method and Weldwood contact adhesive. Both methods work well, but I have gotten to where I prefer the Heat Lock method.

If you choose the paper backed product, you can buy matching raw edge banding in rolls from them or cut your own from raw or the 10 mil. I am going to include a couple of pictures of my most recent veneer job so you can see an example of the quality of their product. The veneer is figured KOA.

post-9114-13819661358682_thumb.jpg

This site lets you take the vaneer and arange it to get the best layout of the pattern:

http://www.veneeronline.com/folio.aspx

The problem is the numerous choices and getting pieces large enough to allow you to center the pattern or be able to wrap and continue the grain. Sometimes there can be a lot of waste to get the best matching.

Good luck as there is no easy choices and it totally depends on the detail that you want tom put into your work.

W. C.