Request for donations

Taz

My sister Pam has exceeded the usual life expendency for this devastating disease. Not sure how long she will make it, but she has fought it every step of the way. The news I read is that they have found the cause, but no cure in time to help Pam.

Eugene Walk - 09/18/11

Pam's PALS

Thanks for supporting Pam's Pals!

Pam Hansen has been an inspiration to all of us. She has shown incredible strength and true grace in her battle with ALS.

Why We Need Your Help

Often referred to as Lou Gehrig's Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive, fatal neuromuscular disease that slowly robs the body of its ability to walk, speak, swallow and breathe. The life expectancy of an ALS patient averages 2 to 5 years from the time of diagnosis.

Every 90 minutes a person in this country is diagnosed with ALS and every 90 minutes another person will lose their battle against this disease. ALS occurs throughout the world with no racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic boundaries.

This crippling disease can strike anyone. Presently there is no known cause of the disease yet it still costs loved ones an average of $200,000 a year to provide the care ALS patients need. Help make a difference and donate or join Pam's Pals today

Go to

web.alsa.org/site/TR?fr_id=7353&pg=entry
Select Eugene Walk to Defeat ALS
Go to pictures and select "Donate"
If you click on "find a team, then enter find a team, put in Pam's Pals"
You can click on team captain to see Pam and part of her team.
If you click on "Pam's Pals" it will show a list of the team and how much they have raised.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. If anyone can make a donation it will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks all for your caring comments. Pam and I cried together when she 1st found out over 7 years ago. She has been able to see both her sons graduate from High school since then. Has married a very caring man who knew of her diagnoses. I couldn't ask for a better Brother in law, or her caring inlaws. She has worked as an OR nurse until unable to work anymore. She took me to South America on one of her many trips to assist in surgery on babies with Cleft lip and Palattes. It seems I can see the changes in just a couple weeks now. Hey, I'm sorry, just feeling down right now. Not the right forum for this. Thanks again

John

John, I lost my mother a few months ago after watching her mental health decline over her last couple years. I can't feel your anguish but I know what you're going through. Sometimes typing your feelings helps deal with the situation at hand, I know it did for me. It doesn't take the pain away however. Only time can dull it slightly. Prayer helped me also.

Carl

. Hey, I'm sorry, just feeling down right now. Not the right forum for this. Thanks again

John

John--despite all the jokes on this forum, I sure hope that we're all capable of being serious and will have some spirit of friendship amongst us--even those we've never met. So, it's totally alright to bring this up on this forum--you're amongst friends. While on this forum, I've had my 26 year marriage end in divorce; buried my Mom; got run over by a truck while crossing the street--each time, i mentioned it on the forum and got words of encouragement and/or condelence from my forum buddies. You did the right thing by reaching out. Don't have any magic words obviously; but, like Carl mentioned I'm a big advocate of prayer. It's a rough road to walk down, for sure; but, you'll make it. Kindest Regards, Steve