Look What $70 Will Buy!

Ironsave

So, right now these are being powered with the Promedia 2.1 Sub/ amp. (I connected these instead of the sats).

They sound damn good.

They sound even better with the HK 430 or the HK AVR 340.

Decisions; decisions.

The WAF factor is amazing. She was begging "Can we keep them? Please?"

I now understand the appeal of Reference. They sound great and look great; with modern lines that ladies approve of.

Maybe down the road.... RF 7s? Bwahaahaahaahaahaahaahaahaa......... [6]

Nice score!! You've officially put one foot on the slippery slope.

Thank you Cecaa and Rick!

Yeah, the nice part is; SHE LIKES THEM!!!!

She loves the Heresy sound and the HT realism in the living room. Just not crazy about the looks.

It was going to be KG 2s in the bedroom, but this was a hard sell. (She reluctantly agreed); I

could not find speaker stands than looked right for the right price.

Problem Solved! [:D] Oh wait.... I need a center, sub and surrounds..... DAMMIT. [H]

Wow, very nice find! Would be interested to hear your thoughts on how they stack up against your Heresies as well.

I can compare Heresy (III's) to RF-5's, but not RF-52's. If you have a sub, go with the Heresys. The Heresy''s have slightly better mids and highs. They drop off fast on the bottom end however. The RF-5's are almost as nice in the mids and highs but blow the Heresy's out of the water in the bass dept. If you only have room for 2 speakers, go with the RF-5's. If you can work a sub in, the H3's are the way to go. BTW, they're both great speakers and I'd have no problem with either set.

Carl

Stephen,

The Reference sound is still new to me, so it is hard to quantify......

The best comparison is that the heritage warmth is not present as it is in the Heresy Is.

(This is not a bad thing, it is just slightly different).

The RF 52s are definitely great sounding with metal music.

They image nicely (especially considering the challanges of having them in a bedroom).

Also, keep in mind; I am using my promadia 2.1 amp to drive these. HK to be installed tonight or tomorrow. (Not sure which).

So comparison? Heresy is Klipsch classic and RFs are Klipsch modern. I think there is room in my world for both.

I still prefer 3 way speakers (Heritage), but I am impressed with the RF 52s.

Stephen, hope that helps.

I am leaning towards the AVR 340 to power these. (I also have a vintage HK 430 twin powerd).

Stephen, hope that helps.

I always like to hear opinions on these things; I've never heard Heritage speakers before, but I'd like to. Of course, it could be a bad thing for me, financially speaking. Actually the speaker I'd like to compare them with isn't my RF-5s, but their predecessor in my HT, which I kept and moved to a dedicated 2.0 music system in my bedroom. They were bookshelves made by a DIYer who tried to start a company, but unfortunately didn't really take; he had no profit margins to speak of, which didn't help. On a speaker that I paid ~$500 for (B stock), I could count ~$300 worth of drivers, plus a nicely finished walnut veneered cabinet, nice XO components, and even flashy binding posts. It has a beautifully warm sound that I still enjoy AND deep bass down to about 30Hz in room. Of course its flaw, and the main reason I moved to Klipsch: horribly inefficient, at about 82dB/2.83V input. If Heresies could match its musical performance AND give me Klipsch sensitivity, I'd be sold.

Stephen,

The only thing missing from the Heresy is bass. This opinion varies; some prefer without a sub; some say it is necessary.

You are more than welcome to come by and have a listen if you are ever in the neighborhood.

The Heresy Is are 94db in regards to sensitivity.

I believe my Heresies and sub give everything one could want (within reason); and it is an excellent bang for buck setup.

FWIW; a nice minty set of H Is can be had for ~$400. Add a good musical sub and you are set.

Good Luck! Let me know if you are ever in the neighborhood.

• Moderators

Just seen this, you stole them. [Y]

The wife likes them, that's very good, break her in slow, eventually she will ignore any speaker you bring in, and these are NOT the last and you know it. [H] Not that thats a bad thing, you just need to wear her down in case you drag up something BIG, you never know ?

Wait to you hook them up to your HK, you will be happy. [;)]

Just seen this, you stole them. Yes

The wife likes them, that's very good, break her in slow, eventually she will ignore any speaker you bring in, and these are NOT the last and you know it. Cool Not that thats a bad thing, you just need to wear her down in case you drag up something BIG, you never know ?

Wait to you hook them up to your HK, you will be happy. Wink

Hey dtel, what happen to your "runway model" girlfriend, I mean wife?