11 Pilgrimage goers got a question for ya

J.4knee

Thank you Mr Hurd!!!!! Agree satin finish would be much more perferable. Were they mated to the Klipsch SW 311 sub when you listened to them?

I believe this was the system we heard, but it's been a while so I could be mistaken:

http://www.klipsch.com/gallery-g-16-home-theater

t450_f3122f2e965822ae60b06809a38e3b6a.jp

As far as sound quality, I think I might actually prefer the promedia series. I bet the Gallery would go louder, but it's a bit congested in the mids compared to the typical bright Klipsch sound.

If you wanted something nicer, and an even smaller visual footprint, then I'd go with the R-5800 inwalls, which are $400 each. That leaves $1700 for the subwoofer of your choice. The SW-311 retails for $1600 so you could save $100.

I dunno, maybe someone from Klipsch will tell me I'm crazy, but I remember the first time I heard the R-5800's and it blew away everyone in the room. Everyone thought it was bigger floorstanders playing until they told us which ones they were. I simply can't fathom the Gallery system giving that impression based on what we heard down in Hope.

Mike thanks I have not discounted out an in-wall option. It is just a permanent/fixed solution when you go that route. I am not giving up my Heritage speakers by any stretch but I will likely move the HII's to other duties throughout the house. My LS will still be in the same room for 2 CH duties. The in-wall or flat panel solution just opens up the place some. At $400 each I could get 5 and 2 R5650-S for side surrounds. Anyone know what the 5650’s run?