11 Pilgrimage goers got a question for ya

J.4knee

Yes, I happened to have spent some time in the room that was set up with the Gallery series product, and I deemed it to be a great bang for the buck, however I must warn you that they are glossy, and will reflect light. This may or may not be an issue to a potential purchaser. ( I know I would prefer a satin finish, if I were buying them for a family room )

Glad to see someone was paying attention, Yes you can't possibly expect me to, by now you should know better.

DTEL you just crushed me with tha bit of info, I was heavily relying on your attentiveness in this matter [H]

• Moderators

I was heavily relying on your attentiveness in this matter Cool

Your a funny guy, were both in trouble then, there's very few things I save that last tiny bit of attentiveness I have left for, and it surly is not skinny small speakers, unless they have two legs.

I think if I go to the Klipsch plant in Hope any more often there going to make me fill out an application.

I think if I go to the Klipsch plant in Hope any more often there going to make me fill out an application.

I think you and I should apply as a team.

my flying saucer is rounding Uranus, so I should be there in time to include my name on that application, .. well that is assuming I can clear your asteroid field,

• Moderators

my flying saucer is rounding Uranus, so I should be there in time to include my name on that application, .. well that is assuming I can clear your asteroid field,

That's fine JB, but let's not talk about your home planet at work. [8-)]

We can start a new testing dept at the plant, testing speakers that go well with recliners, hammocks, bar stools and the all important swimming pool surrounded by lounge chairs and bikini girls. The sound has to be just right for these situations and it's probably going to take a really long time to get some good answers. I'm dedicated to putting in the hours it will take to get it right. [Y]

We can start a new testing dept at the plant, testing speakers that go well with recliners, hammocks, bar stools and the all important swimming pool surrounded by lounge chairs and bikini girls. The sound has to be just right for these situations and it's probably going to take a really long time to get some good answers. I'm dedicated to putting in the hours it will take to get it right. Yes

We could have guys send in pictures of their wives and girlfriends, and we'd make recommendations on what speakers to use, based on their preferences for top end or bottom end extension, and if they're into extreme slopes. Very scientific.

While you're at it, mind wiping out a couple of Klingons?

• Moderators

You all had me laughing [:D]

We could have guys send in pictures of their wives and girlfriends, and we'd make recommendations on what speakers to use, based on their preferences for top end or bottom end extension, and if they're into extreme slopes. Very scientific.

Very good idea, that's perfect ! [Y]

I like the way you think, It's obvious we can put you in charge. Somebody probably should be anyway, to make it look good at least.

Thank you Mr Hurd!!!!! Agree satin finish would be much more perferable. Were they mated to the Klipsch SW 311 sub when you listened to them?

I believe this was the system we heard, but it's been a while so I could be mistaken:

http://www.klipsch.com/gallery-g-16-home-theater

t450_f3122f2e965822ae60b06809a38e3b6a.jp

As far as sound quality, I think I might actually prefer the promedia series. I bet the Gallery would go louder, but it's a bit congested in the mids compared to the typical bright Klipsch sound.

If you wanted something nicer, and an even smaller visual footprint, then I'd go with the R-5800 inwalls, which are $400 each. That leaves $1700 for the subwoofer of your choice. The SW-311 retails for $1600 so you could save $100.

I dunno, maybe someone from Klipsch will tell me I'm crazy, but I remember the first time I heard the R-5800's and it blew away everyone in the room. Everyone thought it was bigger floorstanders playing until they told us which ones they were. I simply can't fathom the Gallery system giving that impression based on what we heard down in Hope.

• Moderators

I must warn you that they are glossy, and will reflect light. This may or may not be an issue to a potential purchaser.

I have these (G-28) on either side of my TV at home, just a few inches away, and I haven't noticed glare at all. But I do keep most of my lights off when watching TV, so maybe it just depends.

t450_x13_fc814ee79c54a2c3256dd332d98355d

Just checked my anus, no sign of JB. He either made it through or got sucked into the black hole.

Dave

• Moderators

I have these (G-28) on either side of my TV at home

Very nice, [Y] glad to see that, you know we would think bad things and talk about you if you didn't have something nice........................ I don't need to tell you how we are.

• Moderators

dtel, have you done the required calculations to be sure the G-28s are a good fit for Amy?

Well I didn't have many pic's to go on but the G-28 is on the slim side so I thought they would go with the new and improved smaller Amy. Also I didn't want to press my luck, she is very tight with the pic's of herself, but she does sneak one in hear and there.

dtel, have you done the required calculations to be sure the G-28s are a good fit for Amy?

Well I didn't have many pic's to go on but the G-28 is on the slim side so I thought they would go with the new and improved smaller Amy. Also I didn't want to press my luck, she is very tight with the pic's of herself, but she does sneak on in hear and there.

Good call. That's why they (should) pay you the big bucks.