Hanging Heresy's

fan4fan1

You guys have been most helpful in my HT quest so far...now I have a new question:

Anybody have a favorite device (bracket, purpose made hanger) to mount Heresy's either high on a wall or from the ceiling? Or both?

I'm absolutely sure it's been done. And I don't mind drilling some holes in the back or even in the tops. My HT room doesn't have the width to have such large speakers in the proper side positions. But I have read (and seen at the movies) that surrounds should be directly to the side of the seated position and above the ears.

Just thought somebody might throw me a link...

Thanks in advance!

Put a couple of screw eyes in them, run steel cable between them, and hang like a picture. Put three of four screw eyes in the top and hang from ceiling with cables. Use a french cleat. Lots of ways...

Don't use screw eyes... they can pull out. Put eye bolts all the way through with fender washers if that is the choice you make. Screw eyes could pull out.

Bruce

We mounted a pair of Heresy in the rear ceiling corners of our studio back in the 80's. The ceiling was concrete so we drilled and put in plugs then screwed in 2 threaded rods just wider that the Heresy. We cut a piece of ply the depth of the Heresy and wider to accommodate the threaded rods nuts and washers and it was perfect. The Heresy were inverted and the sound was huge with the corner placement. There was no tilt just a tight corner fit. The ceiling was not very high and mostly we were standing to listen. They were referred to as the big speakers but at that time they they were the smallest in the range.

You could build a corner shelf supported by 2 L brackets screwed into the wall above the shelf and screwed into the top of the shelf. Lay some rubber mat or similar over shelf covering the brackets and you don't have to alter the cabinets maintaining their original condition.

Don't use screw eyes... they can pull out. Put eye bolts all the way through with fender washers...

Shouldn't be a problem if they have enough material to bite into. Putting them through the cleats should be adequate. As with anything, you have to use them properly But eye bolts with fender washers are an excellent alternative. My favorite way of mounting speakers on a wall, though, is with a French cleat

I bought these kp201's with the eye bolts installed. There are fender washers on the inside but the eye bolts arn't welded closed. I am sure they hung somewhere for a while but I don't know if I would use them in a public place. I think I am going to pull the eyebolts out and plug the holes with a glued in dowels.

You might be able to find a large enough button screw (allen or phillips) to replace those with.

If the screws are black, (Perhaps a spring washer and nut on the inside with some loc tite), you will hardle notice.

I was thinking that too, it may be the answer!

Thanks

I bought these kp201's with the eye bolts installed. There are fender washers on the inside but the eye bolts arn't welded closed. I am sure they hung somewhere for a while but I don't know if I would use them in a public place. I think I am going to pull the eyebolts out and plug the holes with a glued in dowels.

You might be able to find a large enough button screw (allen or phillips) to replace those with.

If the screws are black, (Perhaps a spring washer and nut on the inside with some loc tite), you will hardle notice.