So I get Star Wars on Blu-Ray today and...

wuzzzer

my PS3 stops outputting video through HDMI!! [8o|] [:@] Posted Image

I tried everything I can think of to get it to work. I had to dig up my old A/V connector to get into the menu to try and get it work, nothing. I swapped HDMI cables, nothing. Tried using a different HDMI input on my TV, nothing.

I currently have the PS3 unplugged and the HDMI cable unplugged from it and the TV. After my wife's done watching TV for the night I'm going to unplug it and re-connect everything in the morning. Some have had success going this route.

I guess if it ends up still not working I can always get the A/V component cable. I used to have that cable a long time ago before I had a TV with HDMI. I believe the video is limited to 1080i but its at least better than the 480i I'm currently getting with the composite cable!

my PS3 stops outputting video through HDMI!! Super AngryAngryemotion-9.gif

I tried everything I can think of to get it to work. I had to dig up my old A/V connector to get into the menu to try and get it work, nothing. I swapped HDMI cables, nothing. Tried using a different HDMI input on my TV, nothing.

I currently have the PS3 unplugged and the HDMI cable unplugged from it and the TV. After my wife's done watching TV for the night I'm going to unplug it and re-connect everything in the morning. Some have had success going this route.

I guess if it ends up still not working I can always get the A/V component cable. I used to have that cable a long time ago before I had a TV with HDMI. I believe the video is limited to 1080i but its at least better than the 480i I'm currently getting with the composite cable!

Dude that’s harsh star wars sitting there and ps3 goes down

man I feel for yea. Disconnect everything even the internet. If you use

wireless unplug the router. Then start over with system video set up.

First thing I did when I got up yesterday was plug everything back in and.....it worked! I guess unplugging everything for a while did the trick. Stinks because my wife was at work Friday night and I had the house to myself!

But, on the plus side, my wife went to a party at a friend's house last night so I was able to watch Episode III and also the first Back to the Future movie on Blu-Ray in their entirety last night!

So far Episode III is the only movie I've seen in full, I watched a few minutes of Episode IV. The one thing I have to say about Episode III is, in the DVD transfer you could easily tell anything that was CG. In the Blu-Ray transfer, everything that is CG looks 100% realistic. Everything from R2-D2, Yoda, buildings in the background, it all looks amazing!