Need help deciding on center channel speaker.

Macromicroman

I have a chance to get a new RC-64 not RC-64ii for about $600.00 at my local retailer. I have a pair of RF-82ii and a RC-62ii at the present time. Will the RC-64 sound better with the RF-82iis or should i stick with my RC-62iis? If i switch I will also need a new TV stand since I will not be able to fit the RC-64 into the present stand.

Thanks for your opinions

I JUST went through the same situation. I have RF-5's as my mains so keep that in mind.

I first purchased a RC-62 to see how it would match up with my mains. To my suprise, it sounded great! Fit perfectly in my TV stand and blended very well. Then, I found a great deal on a RC-64 ( first version) and decided to sell my 62 and give the 64 a try. I figured I was upgrading since it was a much larger speaker and cost alot more. At first, it sounded absolutely horrible! Then I noticed that one of the jumpers on the back was off, so I figured once that was fixed it would sound much better. I still wasn't very happy and didn't consider this an upgrade. After a month or two of TRYING to like it, I decided to sell it and buy a RC-62 II. To me, this is an upgrade. I'm VERY happy with it and do not plan on upgrading anytime soon. Maybe my ears aren't used to "sealed" speakers. It just sounds more detailed, has better clarity and doesn't sound "muffled".

Of course this is just my opinion and you may LOVE the 64. Just wanted to share my thoughts. Good luck

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure that others will chime in that can give a better opinion and own 64's but IMO the number sounds right, but why don't you just take your current center to the store and A/B it with the 64 and the most similar towers they have hooked up? If you can do that then you will get the only opinion you need. I have no doubt that the 64 will sound better because I have owned a few different Klipsch centers and my rc 62's sound great but they don't sound as good as my rc 7, nor does my rc 7 sound as good as a rf 7 used as a center, but one thing I've learned about Klipsch is really they all sound pretty darn good. So how are things down on the coast? I keep planning on getting down to Beaufort to visit some friends and do some fishing, but it hasn't happened for a few years.

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I really don't want to wall mount the TV since I am renting and have always worry about wall mounting something that weights over 100 pounds. I think I will probably keep the speakers I now have and have been thinking about getting an amp for the front speakers. Of course that means I will need to get a new receiver since the one I now have does not have pre-outs.

Thanks for all the ideas.