Calling all computer geeks

rplace

it sounds like your best option at this point is something along the lines of these:...

Oh, I think I am pretty well set in the bike/rack/gear department. I have a sturdy rack and a bag that will carry the laptop no problem. It is the weight I am trying to reduce and have the ability to work in either location. Currently I can move the laptop, safely, back and forth or leave it overnight at the client's location. When I leave it I seem to always need it. If everything would just fit on my phone my problems would be solved. here is a pic of the bike I use for commuting. Along with a bike to work trophy from the Baltimore area folks. I organized the other workers in my office and lent a few some of my bikes and we had the most participation for a company of 100 or less employees.

Bike2Work1.jpg

well there's your problem. stop riding around with that lead trophy slapped on your bike. :P Nice looking rig -i understand your predicament, but i think the trade offs and hassle you're trying to acheive through a technology solution far outweigh (pun intended) the weight of carrying the laptop back and forth.

buy a macbook pro - pretty light, very robust, and very powerful for the package size, even the 13" models.

They aren't light! The 13 inch is 4.5 pounds, without the external power adapter. The 15 inch jumps to a little over 5 1/2 pounds. For hauling around, they just aren't that light.

If you have two computers with the applications on them, the data files you are working on should be able to be stored on an external drive, even usb 2. Of course, faster is always better.

Bruce