if i build a stage

The Dude

• Moderators

Wow! Very nice looking room. Love the subs. You must be quite the handiman. Why did you wait so long to share with us? LOL

Your pictures look great but since you mentioned you were having trouble with the flash, if you want even better photos, it's actually best not to use your flash. Since you aren't using a flash, you have to tell the camera to leave the shutter open longer.

Try this with your Nikon D3100:

Set your camera on tripod (or something stable like a chair, barstool, counter top etc)

Set the mode dial on the top right of your camera to A (Aperture Priority) and set the aperture to F22 (if you want the entire room in focus) or lowest aperture (ex. 2.8 or 3.5) if you want to focus on one part of the photo and blur the rest of the photo (bokeh)

Set your ISO to 200 (or lowest it will go)

Set your Timer (top of your camera) to eliminates camera shake when you push the shutter button.

When you hit the shutter button, the camera will countdown for a few seconds, then the shutter will open for probably several seconds (that's why you need a tripod to prevent motion blur) until it has captured enough light and will close and process the picture.

You can check your owner's manual if you are unsure how to change these settings.

Hope that helps.

Youtman, you know for being the forum police you sure do like to change the subject alot. Just messing with you, you are always helpful.

Carl, I found the site and managed to move around, for the prices I like the fis, also If 2 18s might be better it would actually be a better price or if I could make the 4 15s work that would be good as well.

nick

Youtman, you know for being the forum police you sure do like to change the subject alot.

Yeah, it's cause I'm ADD and was just never diagnosed. LOL

Thats funny my mom had me tested and at the time the doctors just told her i was hyper active, my wife says different.

Carl, I found the site and managed to move around, for the prices I like the fis, also If 2 18s might be better it would actually be a better price or if I could make the 4 15s work that would be good as well.

nick

Nick, make your decision on driver selection based on displacement. The Ficaraudio IB line all have the same xmax so figure out what drivers will give you the most cone area.

• Moderators

I think this is the first ever pic of my living room on the forum

YES it is the first time, took long enough. [8o|]

Lookin good, I would love to hear your IB, your room is perfect for it.

One question do you hear/feel the bass in the rest of the house with the attic being the enclosure ? Always wondered that about a IB.

One question do you hear/feel the bass in the rest of the house with the attic being the enclosure ? Always wondered that about a IB.

Any potent sub can be heard/felt in the rest of the house. The difference in an IB sub and conventional sub is what it does TO the house. If your house is fairly well sealed/weather proofed, it's like you're IN the sub. It will flex windows in the back of the house and shake doors like someone's trying to get in. It's even turned ceiling fan blades in the kitchen. Those are extreme cases however when I'm playing with 10 to 20 Hz sine waves with the system cranked up. Under normal movie situations, it's no worse than the dual SVS's I had prior.