New to Klipsch

skunkeye

Just got a pair of rf-82 ii speakers. Im using a Onkyo 578 amp, Jamo sub 300 and Jamo centre with Jamo a340 satellites as rears.

Anyone have advice on what to upgrade first to get the most out the setup.Was thinking the rc-62 as the first thing to get but as i am a

novice in relation to Audio im happy to hear suggestions please.Btw loving the speakers,they are awesome.

Just got a pair of rf-82 ii speakers. Im using a Onkyo 578 amp, Jamo sub 300 and Jamo centre with Jamo a340 satellites as rears.

Anyone have advice on what to upgrade first to get the most out the setup.Was thinking the rc-62 as the first thing to get but as i am a

novice in relation to Audio im happy to hear suggestions please.Btw loving the speakers,they are awesome.

Welcome to the forum! Great choice for R/L tower speakers! The Klipsch Reference line are some of the best HT speakers out there, and they are more than competent for music as well. I'm going to assume that your main purpose for speakers is HT (correct me if I'm wrong), and as such, the most important speaker for movies is the center as this speaker contains all of the dialogue. The center won't give you that bang/wow special effects feel that the other speakers will, but a weak center will show up VERY quickly when you are straining to here important plot related conversation. Also, a properly matched center (like the RC-62 II) will provide for a near seemless front soundstage as action pans across the screen.

After a center, you'll probably want to upgrade your sub to one that will dig into the 20-25 Hz region with some bang. This will really fill in the low end depending on room size/application.

After that, it's a matter of taste and usage. Lots of directions you can go, but since you already have a compitent sub, I'd definately match my front three first.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums. I would suggest either the RC-62ii or a sub. To me, while I was building my system, if I was watching a movie, I would personally rather have two main speakers and a sub than two main speakers and a center. The reason being is your receiver will send the center channel info to your mains so it isn't like you would be missing that info. Some guys really like having what they call a "phantom" center which is what I was explaining where the front speakers act as the center and create the impression that you indeed to have a center.

But either way, you can't go wrong because the next purchase will be the other item. Then add surrounds, then add amps. To me, although a very great addition to your system, an amp should be near the bottom of the list.

center, rears, sub, amp. I dont know your purchase time frame but if you can get the spekers while available thats best as they will match perfectly. Subs dont match so to speak because there isnt a tonal match as other speakers do because of the tweeter matching. Your 82's should be able to dig pretty deep with an AVR and can hold you over till you get a sub where you can let the sub do the heavy lifting. When you get to the amp stage you can crank the 82's back to full range and hear the bliss. I am very much for having towers on full range that can handle it and not distort but thats is just a personal preference. I have 2 subs and i still leave my rf-7's on full range.

I had a 82/64 combo for a while and loved it. If you EVER plan on upgrading your fronts, you might as well go w/ the 64.

Get the best center you can afford.

[Y]

For 99% of folks out there, the RC-62 and RF-82 combo is more than enough for every conceivable application, but sometimes you just need to crank up the volume to 11!

Welcome to the forums. I would suggest either the RC-62ii or a sub. To me, while I was building my system, if I was watching a movie, I would personally rather have two main speakers and a sub than two main speakers and a center. The reason being is your receiver will send the center channel info to your mains so it isn't like you would be missing that info. Some guys really like having what they call a "phantom" center which is what I was explaining where the front speakers act as the center and create the impression that you indeed to have a center.

But either way, you can't go wrong because the next purchase will be the other item. Then add surrounds, then add amps. To me, although a very great addition to your system, an amp should be near the bottom of the list.

Youthman makes a great point; "phantom" center. That's what we all had back in the day of 2 mains and nothing else! It works. I can also agree that an amp should be lower on the list. Although, when I finally purchased an amp, everthing came alive. (The speakers were just waiting for the amp me thinks.) Every upgrade to your system makes a big difference. (Usually) Sometimes you will change directions. That's OK, too.

Get a sub or 2!

• Like 1

Ok centre is it then. Am i being crazy even considering the rc-64,or should i

just stick with the rc-62?

anyone using the rf-82 and rc-64 combo with an opinion out there?

Thankyou in advance.

Agree with others here, get the best center that you can afford and you wont be dissapointed later.

Roger