2 simple questions about Forte II's

Dingman

Gahh, Klipsh speakers are habit forming. I don't mind but my bank account is showing signs of stress. [:@]

However, I'm looking at a set of FII's, from original owner, he says in near mint and rubbed down yearly with oil. I might replace those KP-201's (sell them to recoup $) and so two questions...

Is $500 a fair price, given the limited info? Seems fair based on searches here, but I've been wrong before. A few fuzzy pics here...

http://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/2666650002.html

Also, I'm betting the Crites' Ti diaphrams will fit this tweeter? (I already have a spare set of these).

Thanks!

Those pix appear to be forte, not forte II. The passive does not appear to be 15". Not sure if it matters much, they're both pretty awesome speakers.

FYI, paid $425 for super minty, stock forte II about a year ago.

Perhaps some friendly haggling is in order, but if they cabs are as good as advertized, don't let 'em slip by.

Good spotting Skibum. did not look too hard at the shot of the back side, the 15 inch passive does take up almost all of the baffle so do check as to wether or not these are Forte, a shot of the front drivers will tell you in an instant as the Forte ll has the larger Tractrix mid horn not the resin K701 as used in the Heresy ll. The Forte ll mid horn is also resin plastic but is a fair bit larger than the k701 horn. I bought a very good condition pair of Forte ll last December for $450.00 the pair. I prefer the Forte ll but YMMV as to which version you prefer. I like my KLF 20 better than either Forte and I would jump on an Epic CF3 over theKLF 20 but that is just me. Best regards and happy hunting Moray James.

Your price seems extremely fair, especially when compared to where I live. Should get you a quick sale. Then again I am in the Northeast; which consists of New York, New Jersery, Connecticut, and just down the road from Penn, Massachuetts and Rhode Island. I have seen over the past several months prices in the rangestarting at low $500/$600; (That do not appear to be in the same quality condition, nor been hand rubbed each year. And those speakers were marketed for much more than $500/pair.

I personally also hand rub my Forte II's, (made sure mine were in the house, after I saw your pictures;-) , I bought mine new in August of 1990 from Klipsch Dealer, they are also Oiled Oaks cost me with sales tax $1,095 here in Connecticut.

I am in process of upgrading Crossovers, Titanimum Mids & Twetters. Been told that they will exceed their original "fine" quality sound.

Good luck, hope you get at least your price ifnot more. All the best, Jeff

"sir deck" - LOL, you can tell when I'm posting from my phone... my phone and this site don't get along well at all.

I value your opinion James if you like your KLF20's better+ that give me an idea of what to expect.

I'll sir deck that they at.the correct version.

Well, I backed out of the deal. The guy doesn't have the boxes (I like to have boxes) and they are Forte's instead of the Forte II's that I wanted. They are also about 3 hours each way to pick them up. (tho I was hoping to use a work trip to minimize cost).

Thanks alot for the information and pointing out the mistake in version.

I'll buy ya's all a beer if I ever get the chance!