used value of RF-82 and RW-12d opinions needed

jordan122345

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Wow, that stinks Fish. But I bet you weren't spending $800 on that Cuda either. [;)] If someone is being that dishonest where they are doctoring photos, I wouldn't buy from them either. If you can't trust them with photos, you have no idea what "true" condition the item is in. Sad people are sometimes dishonest.

The point is....get all the info you can and only buy if it's right.Just as Youthman noted, don't get in a hurry and wait for the right deal.

Spot on advice.

• Moderators

I understand what you are saying for sure.If he agrees to price and I get there and they are not what he says then I leave empty handed hands down

Either that or get more of a discounted price (if the blemish is not a "dealbreaker")

Let us know what he says after you email him. Don't keep us in suspense until after you get home.

the only problem with that is that he works early mornings so he has been in bed for over 3 hours now.So he wont get this email until the morning anyways.So what price should I stick too and not go over on these.I am gonna offer $700 and he is asking $800.If he says no do I go up to $750 or no higher thanb $700???

That really comes down to how much faith you have in the sellers description.What about boxes and packing, and feet? These all go toward hw much a set is worth. My set is as new with everything as new and treated properly so I would not take 7 or 8 or $900 for that matter.I have had mine since new and kept boxes etc..that adds value.I would try to convince the seller his set is not mint and the offer is fair.When I bought my 83's I told them no boxes etc...drops price, the very nice lady said she thought grill covers were the most important thing, she never considered boxes.

Okay well I stuck to my guns as far as $700 and he emailed back and said he couldnt go lower than $800.So as much as I wanted them I told at that price I could not and told him to have a happy thanksgiving.And thanked him for his time and so long.Damn I really did want those speakers.So i hope something else comes up that are in even better shape and cheaper.

Don't despair, you may still hear from him later.Those will not sell to just anybody with damage,If he was next door then it would be different but you may drive and then find many small things you don't like.One guys they're in great shape is another's sorry those won't work.Patience almost always pays off, I know it's hard.But..do you really want to know you have damaged drivers under the covers unless it's so cheap you can justify it.?

• Moderators

Don't despair, you may still hear from him later.

And if you do hear back from him, that means a lower price. [;)] If you don't hear from him in a few weeks and his ad is still up, shoot him an email and let him know you are still interested at $700. Sometimes people get impatient and just want to move them.

One guys they're in great shape is another's sorry those won't work.

True story, I went to look at speakers. I asked all my normal questions. Guy said they were in excellent condition that the drivers had a little dent and the speaker grills were in great shape. I get there and the grills were cracked and missing lots of pegs, drivers had creases and some residue (maybe mold stains) and woofers had creases.

Patience almost always pays off, I know it's hard.But..do you really want to know you have damaged drivers under the covers unless it's so cheap you can justify it.?

Couldn't agree more. As I mentioned in my PM, the deals are out there if you are patient enough to wait for them. This is definitely not a fantastic deal that you must jump on type of deals. If you don't already have one, download a Craigslist app for your phone that way you get instant notification. I have a "Klipsch" notification and many others. Never hurts to keep your eyes peeled for those steal of a deal when they come along.

In Dave Ramsey's book, The Total Money Makeover, he says:

Red-faced and fists clenched, the toddler yells with murder in his voice,
“I want it! I want it! I want it!” We have all watched this scene unfold in
the grocery store. We may even have watched our own children do this
(once). Now that I’m older and more mellow, I sometimes grin a little as
a young mom tries without success to stifle the out-of-control screams
of a child who is denied something.

It is human nature to want it and want it now; it s also a sign of immaturity.
Being willing to delay pleasure for a greater result is a sign of maturity.
However, our culture teaches us to live for the now. I want it!” we scream,
and we can get it if we are willing to go into debt. Debt is a means to obtain
the “I want its” before we can afford them.

Dave is talking about not going into debt but the principle still applies. The kid in all of us wants it now but if you are able to tame the kid and be willing to delay pleasure until the right deal comes along, it will definitely pay off (no pun intended).

I see maturity in you Jordan because you sought advice from others, you didn't make a hasty decision jump in your car and go immediately get them and you are willing to walk away if the deal isn't right. My hats off to you sir. [:D]

I totally agree.I posted here wanting some 83's some months back for my HT room.I found a few pair about a few hrs each direction but not a super deal.Maybe 6 weeks ago an hour away a set was posted, price was reasonable.I sent an email and never heard anything, almost two weeks later I got an email from the seller, still interested? He said he was tired of all the BS and just wanted to sell em'.I went to look, all was good and I got em' a few hundred cheaper than posted, plus Monster biwire cables,25ft monster sub cable and two more pair of fancy biwres from Audioquest.

SO the guy emailed back and said he would take 750.So I think I will email him back and tell him if he pulls all the monster wire out of the walls that we have a deal as long as when I get there, there arent any other issues.Thoughts should I take it or still pass for the additional $50

SO the guy emailed back and said he would take 750.So I think I will email him back and tell him if he pulls all the monster wire out of the walls that we have a deal as long as when I get there, there arent any other issues.Thoughts should I take it or still pass for the additional $50

If thats what you want dont let 50 bones get in your way....