used value of RF-82 and RW-12d opinions needed

jordan122345

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 82s/62 would be an upgrade but not enough to justify, if it were me I would probably add amp(s) first then a good sub to your existing system, youll probably want amp(s) for anything better than 82s to fully utilize your current and future speakers anyway so you may as well have the groundwork laid out

I most definitley will let you know what I think. i am hoping for good things. As far as that goes I think the Integra dtr7.9 i have is 130 x 7 so will that be enough for RF7's.Also I think if the RF7's fall through(I hope not)I will go with the RF82ii setup and sell the free sw310 sub that comes in it and get 2 of the RW-12D subs from newegg.

Those are 1st.Gen 7,s in cherry.The woofer caps look dented in, big value drop.There is no indentation in 7's' the grill plugs in the holes and leaves about 3/8 inch away from the cab.I have only seen dark colored 7's once, those are standard cherry color that matches center/subs from the 7's line.I think cornfed may be thinking about a special order pair I saw in Mohogany once. Is that a plant on top of one? that would not be good.And they have no feet leaving the bottom exposed to damage.

Last, up against that wall like that they must have sounded pretty bad, they need 36 inches from front baffle to wall.

• Moderators

The first photo looks like it is in very good condition. Hopefully the plant on top is fake. If it is real, there could be a possibility of water damage on the top of the cabinet due to the pot leaking. Does he have the speaker grills? If so, ask him to check to see if any of the grill pegs on the grill are broken (very common for RF-7's). Just some things to consider to help with negotiating a good price.