How much is the UMC-1 worth?

JasonJCarney

• Moderators

Yes, I believe there will be lots of UMC-1's for sale, very inexpensive too. My guess is they will sell for around $250 - $300 used. No one wants to sell their UMC-1 until they can actually get their hands on the XMC-1 due to Emotiva's slow track record of releasing new products. It might be another year....you never know.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little off topic, but was the picture quality or sound much different from your Pioneer Elite. Or, the features between the two units. Even with similar sound and picture quality, features make a difference when it comes to easy of operation and synergy with your system. I have been been happy using the Pioneer as a pre-amp. For most of us this is a cheaper route to go when entering the pre- pro equipment arena. Just want to pick your brain a little.

A little off topic, but was the picture quality or sound much different from your Pioneer Elite. Or, the features between the two units. Even with similar sound and picture quality, features make a difference when it comes to easy of operation and synergy with your system. I have been been happy using the Pioneer as a pre-amp. For most of us this is a cheaper route to go when entering the pre- pro equipment arena. Just want to pick your brain a little.

Curious as well. I bought a used UMC-1 and just updated the FW to latest 7.04.00.19 to replace a Pioneer VSX9130.

FYI Youthman : upgrading with StickNstones alternative method on EMO site was easy. Funny though as the old plastic remote still works as well as my Harmony one.

Just not looking forward to pulling all my gear out to replace AVR with UMC-1 [:$]

• Moderators

FYI Youthman : upgrading with StickNstones alternative method on EMO site was easy.

I've not tried any method. Guess I'm hesitant. LOL I've read some were a breeze, others were nightmare. Depends on what system you try to upgrade it from. I think it's dumb they chose to upgrade from a computer. That just doesn't make ANY sense at all when a jump drive would have been a much easier and more predictable/stable solution.

Regarding Pioneer Elite to UMC-1 -- not sure if this was directed at me or not, but I listed these models in a previous post. I really liked my Pioneer Elite and it was my first step into home theater. I believed it had a "warm" sound. Right before going to the UMC-1 I demoed an Onkyo pre-amp that I did not like as it didn't seem as warm. It's hard to really tell if the jump to the UMC1 was the driver in my improvement as I also added a Furman elite, the UPA 7 amp and changed some cords, etc at the same time. Thus, it wasn't like just adding the UMC1 to an existing set up. I am 75% tv, 15% movies and 5% music and 5% PS3 games. I saw a clearer picture in my tv with good deep tones. I also noticed more detail in the sound (especially at lower volumes) -- not sure if this was the amp or the UMC. I believe the UMC is closer to the Pioneer sound than to the Onkyo sound (so warmer). Sorry if this didn't really answer the question...