Using Heresy's for Stage Monitoring

regener8klipsch

Hi,,,,

....has anyone had any good results using Heresy speakers for stage monitoring ...and if so,,,,,would you kindly detail the amp/setup, etc.....

was wondering if a second pair I just got to restore could do this nicely = was wondering if the tweeter might want to be dealt with in any particular way....does it want to be pulled and just used 2Way?......and if so, what crossover would be best......

thanks again!

Happy Holidaze!

Will

You need to replace the woofer from k-22 to k-43. And rewire the crossover......note that the e-2 has grounds on the xover board that involve positive connections to drivers.

post-22082-1381966692004_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

and you want to add them to your whole darned property mancave

I'd be happy with a simple starter mancave. [:$] But of course we all aspire to whole house mancave like Marshall and whole property like Michael. Or at least a starter "Wall of Voodoo" or "Wall of Boudoir" ... Maybe someday. Get SWMBO 3 off to and maybe through college ... or hit the lottery though number 3 wants some Cornwalls - after her 1st Pilgrimage - even not hearing Cornwalls. Still does after Michael was kind enough to demo his rear surround Cornwalls. She'll probably get Cornwalls before I do or find the mythical $40 Cornwalls at a yard or estate sale... SWMBO 1 and 3 have actually stopped to look a few times... or at least that's the excuse they gave me... [:o] No real damage, nothing more than a few knick knacks or something actually useful.

If Michael had wanted these bad enough he'd have them by now. I think he's actually, OMG, sold 2 or 3 pairs of speakers. Gotta make room for the pro gear he's after. Plenty of KP250's and stick stands I think for his small put it in a car rig.

Marshall, it's nothing to do with the crossover, that does not affect the low end. It has everything to do with the response of the K42 in a small box with very large ports. Someone with box tuning software could probably help more, but for giggles, just cut a couple plugs or stuff some rolled up foam (tight) in there and A/B with an untreaded speaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, but I used a couple of pairs of standard Heresy'sas monitors for years with good results. I powered them with a Carvin "monitor amp". Sorry, I don't remember the model no., but it was bout 700 watts total, two channel with a 9-band graphic for each channel. I used them as main PA speakers in small venues and as monitors with larger systems in larger venues. I know 700 watts is enough to fry four standard Heresy's, but I never did.

I added a 1.5A slo-blow fuse on the input, as was done with the industrial heresy's, but I never added zener diodes or a poly switch to protect the tweeter. Always intended to, but never got around to it. Never blew anything. Never even popped a fuse. I damaged a woofer (the magnet popped off) when I dropped one, but never cooked anything with too much power.

One other thing you might find useful: I mounted a 1" pipe floor flange on the back of the cabinets. When I needed "tilt back" operation, I would screw in a 6" pipe nipple with a rubber foot on the end. This gave me a stable angled monitor.

Hope this helps.