1977 Cornwall speakers having problems

easyone

Hello all,

I have a friend that bought some 1977 Cornwalls that are not sounding clear when we get them hooked up.

These speakers were bought last week and have not been used regularly for some time. The speakers seem to me to sound muddled. We have a pair of Heresy's in the room that sound much more crisp or clear. I guess the point of this post is to seek some help for my frfiend on what needs to be done to hopefully get these Cornwalls to rock again.

Anyone got an opinion on where to start for the fix?

Interesting, so what type of socks should we use?

Types of socks available to us are as follows: dirty, not so-clean, tube, dress, ankle, athletic, thermal... you get the drift.

Seriously, if we stick the socks in the mid range we will hear the problem?

We wiil give it a whirl!

Hello all,

I have a friend that bought some 1977 Cornwalls that are not sounding clear when we get them hooked up.

These speakers were bought last week and have not been used regularly for some time. The speakers seem to me to sound muddled. We have a pair of Heresy's in the room that sound much more crisp or clear. I guess the point of this post is to seek some help for my frfiend on what needs to be done to hopefully get these Cornwalls to rock again.

How big is the room and what wall do you have the Cornwalls on. I have had severals sets of Cornwalls in my living room and the bass always sounded boomy or muddied as you call it.

djk wasn't kidding.

My CWs are from around the same time and I thought they sounded muddled as well... I listen to them for about 10 seconds and thought the tweets might have been blown. Sure enough, with the help of a sock in the mids, I soon realized they were blown. Both of them. Popped in a set of 77s I had laying around from my LS upgrade and BINGO!

Sweet, beautiful CW sound. Give it a shot.

Hello all,

How big is the room and what wall do you have the Cornwalls on. I have had severals sets of Cornwalls in my living room and the bass always sounded boomy or muddied as you call it.

The room is approximately 15 x 30. Speakers about 15 feet apart in each corner facing forward at a slight angle.