stacking/co-locating or separating?

RockOn4Klipsch

My question for you that have experimented with multiple sub setups what is your experience and preference in placement? Right now I have them separated and they sound good. I'm not really concerned about the added db I would get by stacking them, In there current placement I already gain 5 db when they're both running. just looking for any extra input from you guys here.

The subs are a SVS PB13 Ultra and a SVS PB12 Plus/2.

Dejavu, I had those exact same subs at one point (actually a PB12 Plus2 and PCU). If you're currently gaining 5 dB after you added the second sub and they sound good then don't jack with them. I'd only co-locate if I needed the headroom and the room was such that non-colocation was impractical from a phase/placement perspective.

I like "separate". The closer two subs are, the greater the "comb filtering" effects, even when one is phase shifted 180.

Actually if they're within 5 to 6 feet of each other the phase should be set the same and there should be no ill effects (similar models).

My question for you that have experimented with multiple sub setups what is your experience and preference in placement? Right now I have them separated and they sound good. I'm not really concerned about the added db I would get by stacking them, In there current placement I already gain 5 db when they're both running. just looking for any extra input from you guys here.

What may work for you, may not work for others. I know that you didn't really want this answer, but look at the following Floyd Toole article, starting about page 11...

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/storage/3/968753/LoudspeakersandRoomsPt3.pdf

Chris