This is how good Klipsch's warranty is!!

nezff

I noticed a while back that my RF62s (surrounds) vinyl veneer was coming up. A couple spots looked like it was rippling and eventually it would come up also. It was happening on both speakers.

I called Klipsch to ask them about the warranty considering these speakers are 3 years old. I was told to call my dealer. I then called the place I bought them and they sent someone out with a camera to take pictures. A day or so later, I was told to get the serial numbers. I gave the serial numbers to the dealer, and then was called back today. I was told that Klipsch wants me to take my speakers to the dealer where they are issuing a call tag to have them shipped back to them. I was also told I would be getting two BRAND new RF62s.

Right now I just wanted to let everyone know this and I will be updating the thread with the progess. Hopefully all goes well.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Was called today by my rep from the place I bought my speakers. Was told that the six week wait I was told on the original rf62 was basically a false statement. I was never getting the older version like I wanted. I called klipsch myself and spoke to a somewhat rude person in product support. Asked if it was possible to still get the old reference rf62s and was told "not unless I build a time machine". I held my tounge and called my rep back and he said he would send a email to the guy he was dealing with.

Crossing fingers.

Guest Anonymous

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a big difference between the Older model RF62's and the new ones?

I only ask because i've never owned the Reference line up.

I have listened to the rf7ii's and the rf62ii's. I heard the rf63's and rf82's. I wouldn't say one series is better than the other. The differences are mostly cosmetic. The drivers are different colors and shaped slightly different. The feet are very different and the grills are different. The front face of the speaker is also different. So if I had the 64 and 63's there is no way I would use the 62ii's as surrounds. Just too different visually for me.

• Moderators

I'm very sorry about your experience with our customer service. It sincerely isn't the norm. Perhaps the sarcasm was intended as a poor attempt at humor? Regardless, it's unfortunate.

However, he was correct about the status of the RF-62 - we no longer make them, and we do not have any in stock. In order to build a set, we would need to order a minimum quantity of those parts, and we simly are not able to do so on an individual basis.

The RF-62 II is a very good substitute with a similar sound, as well as upgraded internal components. Please let us know if you'd like to reconsider this option.