Question about my new setup.

sobig

I bought today a klipsch packages which I am getting delivered next week.

Unfortunately the selection of klipch speaker they had was very limited.

the package contain: 2x tower(front) Rf-82

1x (center) rc-52

4x (Surround) rs-42

1x(sub) sw-110b

Kind of scared my tower will be too overpowered for my 4 surrounds.

I will be using a Pioneer VSX-1026 to drive those speakers.

I paid 2100$ canadian for everything before tax.

what do you guys think?

I had a pair of RS-42s with RF-35s which are the predecessor to the RF-82, and for movies they kept up, but sound in 5.1 stereo they lacked good bass, but thats to be expected from 4" woofers. Awesome surrounds for movies tho! Congrats on the setup! very similar to mine!

Getting the RC-62 over the RC-52 doesn't have anything to do with potential wattage output. The RC-62 will have a much fuller sound and match the sound of the RF-82s much better.

agreed as well. The wattage output is just a number in this case. In general, the larger the components of a speaker are (woofer and tweeter) the larger the imaging is that you receive. You often feel a sense of more power and a wall of sound so to speak. In the case of a center channel, this ican often be categorized as the most important piece of your speaker system since the majority of sound in home theater eminates from the center channel. The left and right channels are equally important since they set the foundation for music and most special effects.

Your decision wasn't poor, the rc-52 is more geared for the rf-52 and rf-62 speakers. Are we talking the 5th gen reference as in after RF-82 is has II? If you are happy with the sound after it has been received then dont worry about it. Igornace is bliss a lot of the time when it comes to home theater.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thank for all the feedback, I was able to get the RC-62 for 400$ less on boxing day 100$ more than the rc-52!
I also invested 100$ more and got the SW-112 instead of the sw-110.
I think my setup should be fine now :-)

You did good, you will be shocked at the sound. [Y]

Thank for all the feedback, I was able to get the RC-62 for 400$ less on boxing day 100$ more than the rc-52! I also invested 100$ more and got the SW-112 instead of the sw-110. I think my setup should be fine now :-)

You did good, you will be shocked at the sound. Yes

I agree... You should be very pleased with your new setup....