skonopa, whats the virdict?

m00n

Did ya make the purchase or what? You the proud papa of some 7s?

------------------

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Bump! Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

very Very VERY satisfied with my setup. If i was going to change anything it would be the receiver only because I wish it had at least 6 discrete channels. Other than that, I am grins ear to ear.

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

I hear ya about the amp'd channels issue. Only 5 is OK for now, but I'll have to get a separate amp in the future for 6.1 or 7.1 (alas, another upgrade path). I have been impressed so far with the sound from the recever driving even my cheapo speakers. I can't wait to hear it with the Klipsch. Thanks for the feedback.

No problem. Hey trust me, DON'T wimp out and get the R5's. Not that I have anything agaist them, I have never heard them, just that the 7's are soooooOOOOOooooo incredible. I have cranked my system up to about -15. My receiver is just humming right along, not even breaking a sweat. So clear and sharp sounding.

Oh by the way I had the R3 setup all the way around. I took them back for the 7's all the way around and I am NOT regretfull at all.

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Well, I hate to say this, but I traded all my gear in for a BOSE Lifestyle 35 system last night. I just decided I did not want all those big speakers in my little room. For as small and sleek the BOSE system is, I am quite impressed with the sound. Not only that, but I saved some good money going with the BOSE over all those Klipsch speakers.

PS - Nva'g V rivy?

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

BOSE Lifestyle 35 system

Sharp 32 inch TV

Ouch man! I though we were copy cat brothers? Dude, you bailed on me. cwm6.gif

However, I understand, you have to do whats right for you! Of course you realize this does mean you can no longer hang with uscwm27.gif

Good luck with your purchase.

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Skonopa i know you are joking with us. Bose over klipsch what a joke, LOL the klipsch promedia's sounds better than any speaker bose has ever created. Anyways when you sober up please tell me the sonic differences between the 3 and the 7's.

joe

In the imortal words of Dark Helmet from the movie Spaceballs - Fooooooooooleeeeed Yoooooouuuuu - ho ha ha ha ha!

Dougdrake was correct - that tugging you felt on your leg was real. I'll admit that was a pretty dirty little joke I played there and I do apologize - especially to m00n.

I did attempt to leave a couple, admittly very, subtal(sp) clues in that post. For example, the choice of message icon (the little evil grinning face), and if you applied "rot13" to the 'P.S.' line, it'll say "Ain't I evil?".

No need to fear - My gear is still intact, including my beloved Klipsch speakers. As you'll see, I have restored my sig block. Instead of exchanging gear Tuesday night, I was at one of my friend's house, helping him straighten out his computer (his harrdrive picked that moment to crap out - fortunatly, I was able to nurse it back to life long enough to use Nortan Ghost to make an image of it onto another harddrive).

The only way you'll even see a BO$E Loststyle system in this house is if I was given one, and even then, I'll turn right around and sell it off on Ebay.

As far as to your original posting in this thread, m00n, you'll not be surprised by my answer. I decided that I am going with the 7s. Yes, imaging that Smile.gif.

I'll admit that it was a difficult decision. Yes, these RF-7s do sound incredible, but they are so much more expensive. The RF-3IIs are also very incredible sounding speakers (especially for the price). However, after listening to these RF-7s for the past week, I just still cannot be amazed at how good they sound. I went an re-hooked up my RF-3IIs and they just sounded flat to me compared to the RF-7s. This weekend, I am going to exchange all my 3s for 7s. My wallet is certainly going to complain, but it'll get over it (especially considering the raise and promotion I just got at work cwm35.gif ). I may have to take on a small amount of debt to go with the 7s, but that'll get paid off within the year or two, but I'll have a sound system that'll last me a lifetime.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Reciever)

RF-3II (Fronts)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Joe said:

Skonopa i know you are joking with us. Bose over klipsch what a joke, LOL the klipsch promedia's sounds better than any speaker bose has ever created. Anyways when you sober up please tell me the sonic differences between the 3 and the 7's.

joe

I guess there is no putting anything past some of you on here Smile.gif. As to sonic differences between the RF-3II and RF-7. For one thing, I found the RF-7s louder given the same amount of amplification - not surprising given the more effiencient nature of the RF-7s. As to the quality of the sound. I found the RF-7s to be more detailed and richer than the RF-3IIs. The music just seemed to be even that much more alive (especially with the REL Storm III sub) than what I eperienced with my RF-3IIs (which, in themselves, is a very impressive speaker - certainly something I would recommend to somebody that does not/could not spend the money on RF-7s). As I stated immediatly above, I am going to bite the bullet and sink the cash on Reference 7s all the way around this weekend.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Reciever)

RF-3II (Fronts)

RC-3II (Center)

RC-3II (Rear)

RS-3II (A Surrounds)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

YOU DOG cwm23.gif. Had me all depressed for you!

But like I said a week ago. SOLD cwm4.gif Congrats, welcome to the Klipsch Really In Debt Club. cwm11.gif

------------------

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 05-15-2002 at 10:40 PM

skonopa - You should have said that you bought Martin Logans or something - then we wouldn't need to send out "special help" for youSmile.gif I mean - BoSe?? - hehe...

I figured that you kept the RF-7's - once they are in your house, they're yours!! Kicking them out would be difficult, at best.

Happy Listening!!

------------------

Klipsch Cornwall II's (mains)

Klipsch Academy (center channel)

Klipsch Chorus (surrounds)

Outlaw 750 Amplifier (5x165)

H/K AVR 75 (used as pre/pro - will be upgraded soon)

Bass Kit:

2 JBL 4638 LFE/Bass Reinforcement cabinets

Crown CE 1000 amplifier

Behringer Feedback Destroyer (Bass EQ)

Sources:

Pioneer DV-333

2 Aiwa ADF-850 3 head cassette decks

General Instruments cable box

Panasonic VHS PV-4459

Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe (computer sound)

f> c> s>

Well guys - decided to go ahead and upgrade the speakers today instead of waiting till the weekend. I took back all my RF-3IIs today. The salesman thought I was nuts, but he did agree that if I am going to be spending this kind of money - might as well go all the way! Unfortunatly, the Tweeter here did not have any RC-7s or RS-7s in stock so I wont be seeing any speakers until at least tommorrow. Oh well, at least I still got that pair of RF-7s and a REL Storm III sub - pretty dandy for listening to two-channel stereo music Smile.gif

Also to add:

dndphishin said:

skonopa - You should have said that you bought Martin Logans or something - then we wouldn't need to send out "special help" for you Smile.gif> I mean - BoSe?? - hehe...

You know, the sad thing was that I actually was considering Martin-Logans or Vienna. However, I just liked the sound of the Klipsch speakers better than those others.

About kicking speakers out. It was tough for me to kick the RF-3IIs out. I really did like the sound of those speakers, but, man - those RF-7s... Oh well, as soon as I brought those back in the store, there was another customer already eyeing them, and a salesman went and demoed those speakers to him - perhaps they are now in another good home (and the customer probably got a good "open box" discount on a complete RF-3II package Smile.gif ).

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Reciever)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC- (Center)

RC- (Rear)

RS- (A Surrounds)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

This message has been edited by skonopa on 05-16-2002 at 11:12 PM