To Jub or not to Jub

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So, i've been perusing the site here and was looking at some more Cinema gear. I've been looking at

KPT435-N, KPT535-N, KPT942-T.

I think all of these options would allow me to upgrade to a KPT-KHJ-LF Jubilee Bin at some point down the road.

Question is, stay with my La Scala's and Belles, or move to KPT Cinema line? im thinking that The Cinema line would also allow me to hang some rear and side speakers. i'd also like to get another KPT684.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the detail and imaging is incredibly better with the cinema line. I have the kpt-435-N top sections (kpt-335 hf/mf) and used them on a variety of bass bins. I replaced the k-69 driver with an 1132 so I could drop the crossover from 800 to 450. great sound and small foot print.

there is no reason to waste money on the 942 bass bins if you plan on getting jubilees later. The 402 or 510 will get you most of the way to where you need to go.

Just call me Mr. Echo.

In fact, if you already have the LaScalas, you might just want to order sufficient 402/510's first and give it a whirl. Take some time, get some active crossovers (presuming your planning on that route). Who knows, you might stop dead in your tracks with the JubeScalas.

Regardless, if you move up later you'll have all the top horns, electronics and it's just a matter of flipping out the bass bins.

ABSOLUTELY!! KPT Cinema are the real tools. Everything else are just toys. OK, just kidding . . . .[;)]

I agree with the others. Buy 402 or 510 horns with K-69 or DE75 drivers and mount them on top of the LaScalas and Belles. I had a JubScala (402/K-69 on LaScala bass bin) for my center channel between Jubilees. The JubScala will give you the same tonal characteristics of the Jub, but just won't go quite as deep. It will be an easy transition to Jubilee bass cabs when you're ready.

Negative,

I'm out the door again in 3 weeks. THAT...should be my final one, but if it's not that's okay too! Got the jubes in last week, tweaking/altering room now. pics and posts to flood the forum soon.

Turbox, I've heard the new 2011 khorns w/ the LS2 center in my room (had to make sure they worked before haulin 'em to Texas)...I now have jubes in ther place of the khorns, and converted the lascala 2 to a jubscala with heresy's rockin the surrounds/rears. The heritage line is absolutely wonderful...but I haven't thought twice about the switch even once. Come over to the dark side!!!

Dan

I'm rockin the Dx38

So from amplifier/receiver output to DX38 to speaker?

Mine are 2-way, and I'm bi-amping them (one amp for horns, one for bass bins). Configuration goes from pre-amp (which all sources connect to), to Dx38, to the power amps, to speaker. The 38 does everything, sets the filters, crossovers, amp power, EQing etc. It's awesome. The alternative, the Crown Xti-1000s, do the amping, crossovers, EQing all in one convenient package (and less expensive). The advantage to the Dx38 is that you get to use whatever amps you please. I've never heard the XTi-1000s, but am extremely pleased with my 38. I'm sure you'll be pleased with whatever path you choose to pursue.