To Jub or not to Jub

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

When we did the sub shootout............

First, Umm, i wasnt invited...[:D]

These are expensive subs so you should find a way to hear them before spending the bucks, and get the right one for you.

I agree, problem is, i just don think there are alot of folks in Canada with Cinema gear, or at least i cant find them...Last i heard there were Jubs in Montreal, but i think they are sold now.

1264800.aspx

how easy will it be for me to switch to different LF bins and still cross at 800Hz. ie Jubilee LF? 415LF? will these xover at 800 Hz easily?

Here are the specifications for the KPT-415:

1264800.aspx

KPT-415-LF
Frequency Response (1) 43Hz-750Hz ± 3dB
26Hz-900Hz -10dB
Power Handling (2) 800 watts (58V) per woofer pair 40Hz-800Hz
Calc. Max. Cont. Output (3) 133dB
Sensitivity (4) 107dB
Coverage Horizontal 90° ± 30° 200Hz-1kHz
Vertical 60° ± 30° 300Hz-3kHz
DI 8dB ± 2dB 200Hz-600Hz
Q 6.3
Nominal Impedance 8 ohms (4 min. @ 150Hz) per woofer pair
Transducers Top and bottom woofer in parallel and middle pair in parallel
Four K-45-EP 15" woofers
Input Connectors Barrier Strip
Height 49.375" (125.4cm)
Width 35.75" (90.8cm)
Depth 22.4" (57cm)
Weight 200 lbs. (91kg)
1. 3M, Half-space anechoic
2. AES Standard, continuous pink noise 40Hz-10kHz, 6dB peaks
3. Calculated at 1M half-space at power handling power input
4. SPL at 1M, half-space anechoic with 2.83V input

Guest Anonymous

1264800.aspx

how easy will it be for me to switch to different LF bins and still cross at 800Hz. ie Jubilee LF? 415LF? will these xover at 800 Hz easily?

Here are the specifications for the KPT-415:

1264800.aspx

Anyone have the specs on the Jubilee LF Bin?

Guest Anonymous

I am not sure of the cost of just the bass bin, but a KPT-942-4T is a bargain at around $2500.00 ea.

I was quoted $3454 for the KPT535-4T.

I had one more look, i was quoted about $1050 for the 402 with K69A driver if that helps...

I bought my cinema stuff slowly. Started with used MWM bins and reconditioned. 684s were used and reconditioned. However, the 402s and 305s were purchased from Klipsch new......and I added a pair of TAD 4002 drivers to the 402s. This took about 2-3 years to get all the pieces.

Guest Anonymous

Well it didnt take long to find some gear. I picked up a KPT-335 HF/MF, which has a K-510/K69A and a K-703/K70G from another fine member on this forum. Today i finally connected it to the LF section of my Belles. Sounds good. Messed around with the ALK autoformer on the passive to find the right sound(for now). I will use it like this for a few weeks. I attached the HF section to some plywood and just have it sitting on top of the Belles.

I've had my room ripped apart(kinda) ever since i sold the La Scala's, but it starting to come back togethor. KPT684 turn flat, facing the wall. Great Dane doing what he does best, taking up some real estate on the floor. Wires still hanging around...

Now i need an Lf bin. I will order something next week...which brings me to my question...To Jub or not to Jub? Can someone please talk me into the Jub?.......or not?

post-2101-13819685955582_thumb.jpg

To Jub or not to Jub? Can someone please talk me into the Jub?.......or not?

Golly, Turbox, this one is really up to you. It all depends on whether you want one of the best horn loaded bass cabinets made, or something lesser. [6][;)]

I have owned all of the Klipsch-made horn-loaded woofer cabs. While the MWM is fantastic, it is somewhat impractical for home application, given the usual floor space restrictions and w.a.f.

For the typical home application, whether 2 channel or HT, the Jubilee bass cabinet is the best bass cabinet I have ever owned. Period.

Now, you pick . . . . .

Now i need an Lf bin. I will order something next week...which brings me to my question...To Jub or not to Jub? Can someone please talk me into the Jub?.......or not?

Ok, fer crying out loud... yes do it or I'll email you my collection of Marie Osmond songs.

[:o]

On a more rational note.... as Bill says, only you can make that decision. My thoughts are if you are happy with your Belle's then you will probably be more happy with this type of upgrade.

The only way I've seen it put succinctly (by another forum member, not me) is that once you've heard this type thing, all these other speakers sound like toys in comparison.

So whilest I duck my head from that one, I'll offer on a more reasonable note, I think one of the biggest benefits from doing it is going to a 2-way system and dropping a crossover point.

I thought for years that it was the signal alignment that was bringing this fantastic coherency that I was hearing until Ben cyber bit**-slapped me into messing around with the delay in my active to prove to myself that it wasn't really the delay but rather, 2-way verses 3-way.

So as long as I'm spending your money.... what are you going to order, Walnut or Cherry?

It is easy to agree with Bill about the Jubilee bass bin. My current configuration is a Jubilee bass bins (lovingly built in my garage) with K-510 horns on top in a two-way configuration. I am biased, but I think it sounds pretty gosh darn good.

So I will second the Jubilee bass bin recommendation.