Best RW12-D / AV Settings???

TasDom

I just wanted to verify that I'm getting the best results from my subs..........

Sub (2) settings: (same settings on both)

EQ Mode: Flat

Lowpass / LFE Mode: Off

Phase: 0

Volume: -20db

A/V Receiver Settings:

Crossover: 80hz (only choices are 50/80/100/150/200)

LFE: 0db (only choices -5db/-10db/-15db/-20db/or off)

EQ: On

All speakers are set to small in my 5.1 HT setup and my mains are running in bi-amp configuration. Y adapter from the 7.1 receiver into each sub with Y adapters at each sub. Any thoughts or comments as to anything I may be doing wrong or missing are greatly appreciated...............

you don't need the y-adapters at each sub. either of the L/R inputs will accept the LFE signal and reduce the amount of signal intermediaries in your setup. I'd also say that bi-amping your mains when not running them as full range speakers is unnecessary - but on that topic I try to keep a "to each their own" approach.

otherwise, your system settings all look pretty spot-on.

I just wanted to verify that I'm getting the best results from my subs..........

Any thoughts or comments as to anything I may be doing wrong or missing are greatly appreciated...............

You can't make those statements and then get irritated when someone points out a suggestion without all of the facts being presented to them. As an aside, were the inputs plugged into the L channel of each sub, and the power switch set to the ON position, with the AUTO ON feature selected?

Things you DONT mention about your setup are position relative to each other or the room dimensions. Working with two subs complicates everything and takes more than just mirroring the settings in each.

You can't make those statements and then get irritated when someone points out a suggestion without all of the facts being presented to them

Who says I'm irritated? I'm not in the least and I do appreciate your input.

As an aside, were the inputs plugged into the L channel of each sub, and the power switch set to the ON position, with the AUTO ON feature selected?

yes to all

Things you DONT mention about your setup are position relative to each other or the room dimensions. Working with two subs complicates everything and takes more than just mirroring the settings in each.

Room size is 22' x 15' with a 10' ceiling. The subs sit on the outside of each main on the long wall of my room about 1 foot away from the wall. I've experimented with corner placement but no noticeable difference than where they now sit.

You can't make those statements and then get irritated when someone points out a suggestion without all of the facts being presented to them

Who says I'm irritated? I'm not in the least and I do appreciate your input.

I did - i made an incorrect assumption based on how your response was typed out. so that one is my bad. :/

Per your subs, I do recall seeing some place at some time (useful, eh?) that you should reverse the polarity between each sub - i.e. one set at 0, and one set at 180. I'll try and track that down for certain, but if someone can verify yes or no on that in the meantime, it would be appreciated.

If both subs are in the same plane as the mains, leave the phase at "0" on both subs

both are on the same plane....

Thanks guys, I waited til my friend came over to change phase as I wanted to be in the primary listening position while he changed the setting. It made no difference so I set it back to "0"

Appreciate the replies.

Happy New Year!

Correct me if I'm wrong but typically if my subs were in opposite corners or opposite walls wouldn't I then need to change the phase settings to avoid any cancellation issues? I ask this as I may re-arrange my room in the future.

Thanks again!

Correct me if I'm wrong but typically if my subs were in opposite corners or opposite walls wouldn't I then need to change the phase settings to avoid any cancellation issues? I ask this as I may re-arrange my room in the future.

You are correct. Don't automatically set the phase at "0" degrees or "180" degrees if you do decide to change locations. Experiment some.

Bill

Thanks again!

Most likely yes. You'll need an SPL meter to set it up correctly.