Should I upgrade?

pfontein

Hi, I'm a brand new to the forum and the Klipsch community.

I have the following speakers, and I was looking for suggestions whether I should upgrade:

Front: RF-82s

Centre: RC-62

Sub: RW-10d

Side: RB-61s

Rear: RB-61s

I know that I should have the RS series for sides. I got a pair of RS-42s, but those were too small, so I went back to my RB-61s.

Does anyone think it would be worth upgrading the RB-61s to RS-52s? Would it make a big difference?

Also, I know that for the sub an RSW-10d was recommended, and I am seriously considering upgrading my RW-10d to an RSW-10d, except I can't find one at a decent price. Would you guys consider anything else instead of the RSW-10d, or is there no point in spending the extra cash on something else?

And finally, I know, that theoretically RB-81s should be my rear speakers. I'm pretty sure I won't upgrade my RB-61s, but if anyone thinks it would actually make a big difference, I would be very interested in hearing their opinion.

My receiver is an Onkyo TX-NR906.

I understand that a lot of this depends on the environment, and what my ears tell me, so there is a great element of subjectivity here. I already have an idea of what I am going to do, but as you can probably tell, I'm no expert, so I'm trying to research and gather as much info as I possibly can, and I am really interested in what others have experienced.

Thank you kindly for your suggestions.

Pieter

i noticed a difference when i used rs-7s as rears instead of rs-3's, the sound was bigger and definitly noticable. You dont have to use actual surrounds and bookshelfs do just as well. Personal preference of sound should dictate whether or not you get actual surrounds because the sound is different. I like have dipole (i think they are dipole or bipole, i always confuse them) as side surrounds because they dont blast right at your ears and disperse the sound. As for rears, well, i have rb-5's in storage for a future 7.2 and they will have rear duty.

Upgrading your sub, if you feel you need it opens up a whole new door. Dont stick to just klipsch, you can buy any sub you want and it would match your system. By looking at other brands, especially internet direct, you can open your options up alot and get a ton more bang for the buck.

check out elemental designs, sv sound, HSU Research, Rythmik Audio just to name a few, o Emotiva as well. although, i think most of the other brands will outperform the emotiva subs. I have 2 emo subs and they work well, they just dont have that sonic depth charge DOOOM BOOOOM DOOOM that i want in the end but, i cant complain as their low end should be satisfying to most that dont know what they are missing.

Hi, I'm a brand new to the forum and the Klipsch community.

Welcome to the forum.

I have the following speakers, and I was looking for suggestions whether I should upgrade:

Front: RF-82s

Centre: RC-62

Sub: RW-10d

Side: RB-61s

Rear: RB-61s

If it was me, I would upgrade from the RW-10d first and foremost. It is a fine sub but is better suited for a smallish room and will just not keep up with the RF-82's.

Also, I know that for the sub an RSW-10d was recommended, and I am seriously considering upgrading my RW-10d to an RSW-10d, except I can't find one at a decent price.

Now we are talking. The RSW-10d is one very fast musical sub that does pretty well(for it's size) in HT duty. Gobs of punch in a small cabinet. Very accurate and blends seamlessly with my RF-63's. I love mine and will not replace it but did add a big ole 15" Paradigm to enhance the lower frequencies that the RSW-10d just can't reach. You are correct in saying that they are very hard to find for a reasonable amount of $$$.

My receiver is an Onkyo TX-NR906.

Excellant receiver that has an "outboard amp-like" power supply and amp section.

Where are you located? Maybe we can help you locate something in your area that may suit you.

Bill

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome, and the suggestions.

I'm in Toronto, which makes it so much harder to find Klipsch products, especially at a decent price. Supply is very limited here.

Even if I find something online, by the time it's shipped, and brought across the border, it's easily an extra 30% on top of what it would cost if I lived in the US.

• 2 months later...