Cherries Jubilee (HT Build Thread)

Dandoyen

Alright, first let me start off by saying that this will definitely be a living thread updated over the next year...expect a final (and much more polished) product after a move to a more permanent residence later in 2012 after I return from next deployment, at which point I will have a MUCH more suitable room. BUT...in the meantime, here is what I've done with what I've got.

First, what I came home too...

post-52175-13819685291702_thumb.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After finally getting the front all set up...front sound stage...AWESOME. This is the view from my listening position...not nearly far enough away but working with what I've got. Room is far from ideal, and I'm not making major mods to a house I don't own. That's the roomie's TV, not hanging my projector and screen in this house...plus I'm in it more for music anyway so not an issue to me. Haha, look at how small the speakers make the 46in TV look! That's the new Cherry LS2 bass bin on the center, making my JubScala. Can you spot the ding on the right Jube? [:'(]

post-52175-13819685298816_thumb.jpg

Now the back...Danley tucked behind the couch surrounded by Heresy's, just on cheapo end tables at the moment...next house will have them wall-mounted in a MUCH deeper room (with 4 walls [:P]). The most I'll do to this room is hang some thick curtains. The Audyssey has actually tamed the Danley (and the room) pretty well, far better than I anticipated, but can hear where it can be improved. Anyway, we watched Tron on blu-ray last night and it was AWESOME. Bass was STRONG but not nearly overpowering. It was a great integration! Deep, clean, tight. Still, would like to watch on that projector, but with me leaving in 2 weeks and moving when I get back, not worth putting it up.

post-52175-13819685300316_thumb.jpg

Building my own custom entertainment center...heavy oak and finished to match speakers. I'm actually really excited about that it's gonna be beautiful, but won't be done until I return, so pics of that to come. In the meantime...check out what I did with a buffet table! The drawers in the middle have been replaced by amps and the Dx38s...NOT BAD! Threw some shelves up top and, again not ideal but it's workin! That's not the Levinson I have on their now, just mixin and matchin for the best sound...still tweakin but it's gettin good

post-52175-13819685301566_thumb.jpg

A LOT more to come on this thread in about 7-8 months, at which point I will have a room to do with what I please (and the only pics will be movie posters). I'm really excited about it. Regarding sources, the Cambridge and Stanton TT aren't being hooked up here...will wait until new home. Roomie's new PS3 is workin blu-ray duty (not bad), and I'm just running FLAC and .wav files from media PC...still sounding awesome.

Ah, I remember 20 December 2007. That was the start of "the experience" that hasn't diminished since that first day...

post-28404-1381968531001_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Now, back to the box with the damage...suspicion confirmed... [:'(]

Ouch! Not cool at all, especially for the price you paid for them. What are you plans?

With this setup, your roomie might not ever let you move into your new house. LOL