Heresy III / Cornwall II

BRAC75

Hi All,

New member here and I was hoping you Klipsch experts would be willing to help me out. My question is, can I use parts from my Heresy III's to upgrade some older Cornwall II's. Obviously the drivers are not interchangeable, but what about the tweeter, midrange, and crossover units? Thanks!

the Heresy lll is the best Heresy Klipsch have brought to market why would you want to rape it to rebuild a Cornwall? Build or buy a couple of subs and you should be able to outperform the Cornwalls in a much smaller package. Place the Heresy on 18 -20 inch stands (risers removed).

For a Cornwall you can upgrade the tweeter with the CT125 tweeter from Bob Cries and it is a direct drop in. Bob can also upgrade your networks the rest is good to keep. You can stiffen and brace the cabinets. or you can look into building a Cornscalla. Look to the search engine as there is much in the archive on all of this for you to read. If you want to trade your Hlll let me know. Welcome by the way to the forum it`s a great place. Best regards Moray James.

the Heresy lll is the best Heresy Klipsch have brought to market why would you want to rape it to rebuild a Cornwall? Build or buy a couple of subs and you should be able to outperform the Cornwalls in a much smaller package. Place the Heresy on 18 -20 inch stands (risers removed).

For a Cornwall you can upgrade the tweeter with the CT125 tweeter from Bob Cries and it is a direct drop in. Bob can also upgrade your networks the rest is good to keep. You can stiffen and brace the cabinets. or you can look into building a Cornscalla. Look to the search engine as there is much in the archive on all of this for you to read. If you want to trade your Hlll let me know. Welcome by the way to the forum it`s a great place. Best regards Moray James.

Great advice! Don't rip apart the H3s!!!!!!

I run my H3s with subs and the sound is fantastic.

I also have a pair of old Cornwalls sitting in the wings and I've wondered if Klipsch sells a CW2 upgrade the same way they sell a H2->H3 upgrade?

I have three pairs of HIII's that I don't need anymore. I was thinking of keeping one pair for 2 channel stereo, but I would prefer not to use a sub. I found an older pair of Cornwalls listed that look fairly nice with one unit having a bad tweeter, which brings me back to my original question, however it looks like those are sold now anyway.

moray james, I may be interested in a trade. Let me know what you have in mind.

I have had Heresy III's and Cornwall III's and I would pick Cornwall III's hands down over the Heresy. Given my setup, besides sounding better, the Cornwalls were a better fit.

If I owned a pair of H III's and a pair of CW II's and I only had room for one pair I would consider doing exactly what the original poster is asking about. He would still have the option to put the parts back in the Heresy cabs at a later date.

post-39044-1381968547461_thumb.jpg

Sell the HIII's and skip the Cornwall's and go for K-Horns. You know your going to end up there anyway. Big Smile

You might be right and I'm starting to think the same thing. Trouble is, folks up here in Canada are asking upwards of 3g's for used K-Horns. That's a hard pill to swallow.

Sell the HIII's and skip the Cornwall's and go for K-Horns. You know your going to end up there anyway. Big Smile

You might be right and I'm starting to think the same thing. Trouble is, folks up here in Canada are asking upwards of 3g's for used K-Horns. That's a hard pill to swallow.

I got mine for US$2100. They were supposed to be pristine and they weren't, but after driving for 10 hours to the US I took 'em anyway. They were worth US$2000 at best. The exchange rate at the time made them C$2700 and I got C$400 of tax slapped on at the border. Add on $200 of gas and my US$2000 Klipschorns cost me C$3300!!

Now is the time to drive down to the US and buy a pair. Of course I had a minivan to do it in back then.

I got mine for US$2100. They were supposed to be pristine and they weren't, but after driving for 10 hours to the US I took 'em anyway. They were worth US$2000 at best. The exchange rate at the time made them C$2700 and I got C$400 of tax slapped on at the border. Add on $200 of gas and my US$2000 Klipschorns cost me C$3300!!

Now is the time to drive down to the US and buy a pair. Of course I had a minivan to do it in back then.

Ouch! Maybe 3000 up here is not so bad after all. Plus, I'm in northwestern Canada, so any drive to the states is quite an adventure.

I found an older pair of Cornwalls listed that look fairly nice with one unit having a bad tweeter

I have two k77 tweeters that I will sell you cheap. Or you could buy nice replacement drop in tweeters from Bob Crites.

Bruce

I found an older pair of Cornwalls listed that look fairly nice with one unit having a bad tweeter

I have two k77 tweeters that I will sell you cheap. Or you could buy nice replacement drop in tweeters from Bob Crites.

Bruce

Thanks anyway, but I missed out on those CW II's.

Bruce (Brac75) just drove down to Calgary from Edmonton on the coldest day of the year (minus 30 C without the wind chill) and dropped off a pair of Klipsch Heresy lll walnut speakers. The speakers will end up being my brothers. I thought that I would give a thumbs up to anyone considering dealing with Bruce. A very nice gentleman to deal with. Thank you Bruce, best regards Moray James.