Forte II networks by ALK

mutfish

I'm using K stacks by pop bumper but I don't know if he is making them anymore. I don't know what ALK is offering for Forte II's but if he is I bet they are good. I have his universals in my belles and they are sweet. My forte II's were from 89 and updating the crossovers really improved the sound.

Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking around a few of the audio forums for a while. I recently sold all my SS stuff (mainly Pioneer Spec gear) and have ventured into the mysterious world of tubes [:o]

A few years ago i purchased a pair of mint Forte IIs and have since been trying to find the ultimate electronic pairing for them, and so far valves are it.

I've replaced the caps and resistors in the crossovers along with Ti tweeter diaphrams with Bob Crites stuff with very positive results.

If Alk s networks are as much an improvement over the originals as they claim, I want to try them [Y]

• 3 weeks later...

I have been wondering the same question about the ALK networks compared to other mods, like the Crites caps?

I am running a kit version of the Decware SET SE84C tube amp. That is it.

I have had the Forte II's for a couple years now, and always thought they sounded great.

Recently, I replaced the Tweeters with Bob's titanium and now I find myself chuckling and reaching to turn the volume up a little.... and pretty soon I just do not hear the phone ringing... hahahaha....

Well, Bob's CAP's are in the mail and they are going in next.

I wish I could do A/B testing with before and after so I could see if I could hear the difference. Oh well... I guess I will have to take everyone elses opinions as to the benefits of the upgrades. :)

Dean

• 4 weeks later...

I finally installed my ALK Forte II networks this past weekend. I ordered the kits and put them together over a few evenings last week. Interesting project and better sound. My Forte II are stock Klipsch and I must say there is much better definition. The individual instruments and voices are more distinct. I plan to do an A to B testing with my other pair of stock Forte II this coming weekend when the other half is in NY so I can listen at a decent playing level.

post-54795-13819690911058_thumb.jpg

Built the networks and installed them a couple days ago. Been listening for a few hours total...sounds better for sure. Not sure how to describe the difference other than everything has better 'definition'. Vocals seem more up front. If you're on the fence, go ahead pull the trigger. You'll be glad you did.

Gotta' go...Sounds like Jonny Lang and Carl Weathersby have come to visit....

• 9 months later...

I used the screws ALK provided without predrilling. They went into the MDF no problem. I mounted the networks on the bottom of the Forte II. If you side mount the networks place the speaker its side, this will make it easier to mount.