Cornscala Crossover

HOGFAN

Since I will be using the Cornscala (single) as a center between La Scala's, which have AA crossovers, which crossover type should I use in the Cornscala to give me the best match for the application? Would the ALK still be the best route?

Thanks,

Hogfan

At the time I built my Cornscalas there wasn't anything suitable available from ALK.

For my Cornscalas I built a pair of Type-B derivatives with some of the cap values changed to to accommodate my Selenium drivers. Bob Crites was VERY helpful during the design process.

All of that said I'd love to try the ALK Cornscala crossovers but I just don't have the coin right now. Someday... Maybe... Till that day comes I remain very pleased with what I'm hearing.

Here is what I built:

Posted Image

On the left is the crossover that Dean built for my Split Cornscala project with Crites woofer and Atlas compression driver and I used a Beyma tweeter and on the right is the stock Cornwall 2 crossover. These work great with mine and Dean did a wonderful job on them.

post-34280-13819687514316_thumb.jpg

If I decided to build a smaller LS bass bin (on a 2/3's scale), with a 10" dirver, how would I determine what crossover to use? Is there a way of testing this to determine the crossover, or could I use an existing stock crossover....like a type AA? I am considering either a modified cornscala or a lil'scala as a center channel between my LS's.

It looks like a single-bin Cornscala would be the easier build for my situation.

Thanks,

Hogfan